Axe and QSC K12

Firepat

Just got new speakers. But it seems that many of my patches sound too bright. Very unpleasant scratchy metal sound specially with high e strings. All patches sound good with a mackie speaker. Tried to eq a bit the qsc cutting high but still does it. Turned off the bright switch on amp block. Does nt help very much. What do you guys suggest

If you need a quick fix try using the global eq for the output you use to monitor (normally 2) and pull out a little 2k and 4K

Thanks guys for your answer. I am kind of discourage with that. I did not put an high pass filter on the CAB block. I only work with the amp tone , delay hi cut and the QSC EQ. Never though on working on the cab. I am affraid that working on anything else that the QSC, I will change my general sound when recording. Ill try to cut out 2k and 4 k also. I hope it will work

Why are you cutting 2 kHz to tame the high end ?

Just set the cab block to like 100hz and 5500hz and you should get a very useable tone without any additional tweaks

now its a little better. But still not satisfying. Here is 2 clips before and after high cut 5000 in the cab block. I will post a 3rd clip on a next post to see how it is suppose to sound.

Oups. could not post my clips... Anyway I surrender. I brought back th QSC K12.2...... Just for you to know. I am playing some u2 with modulated delay... Alto TS 312, mackie thump 12'' and QSC K12.2 were awfull. Finally changed all of them for Yamaha DXR 15''

wow awsome sound with all my patches
Thanks for all the support. I really appreciated

You stated you were worried about changing your recording sound to tweak for the monitor? I find that recording tones and low volumes tones need to be treated differently than high volume or gigging tones. I keep banks of different presets for different applications. Nothing changes on the tone you record with because it’s saved and untouched.

DXRs are a great fit with the Fractals. If you’re using a 15” you may find that you’ll need to cut some bass...maybe not.

Back
Top Bottom