AXE AC30 TB vs REAL HANDWIRED AC30 TB (too much low end)

unFILTERed

Power User
i was at guitar center yesterday had my axe fx 2, matrix gt1000fx and NL12 with me and asked the guy in guitar department if i can put my rig near a hw ac30 tb and A/B it...
Did it, just for fun, i knew and know axe sounds as good/better...and even the guy in guitar center was saying that it sounds just as an AC30 and the play feel is also there. ofcourse it didnt sound the same, the model in guitar center had some celestion speakers and i was using my NL12.

one thing i realised, the axe model had much much more bass...smth between 50-120 Hz when i played with the neck humbucker pick up on my guitar. but no issue, easy to dial out. i am just wondering why its like this...

What IR did you feed the vox model into? That NL12 is FRFR right, if so you should be using a cab sim? You say that the HW vox had greenbacks? They are different speakers to the blue/silver alnico IRs in the Axe.

I'm confused, I think your comparing different speakers.

u seem to be really confused :) sorry if my post wasnt clear enough...

NL12 is traditional Cab...i was comparing a real guitar cab and axe to a real amp.

What IR did you feed the vox model into? That NL12 is FRFR right, if so you should be using a cab sim? You say that the HW vox had greenbacks? They are different speakers to the blue/silver alnico IRs in the Axe.

I'm confused, I think your comparing different speakers.

u seem to be really confused :) sorry if my post wasnt clear enough...

NL12 is traditional Cab...i was comparing a real guitar cab and axe to a real amp.

Ah ok, the NL12 is not FRFR, my bad, in which case your comparing totally different speaker/cab combinations. Open back cab - Greenback 2x12 vs closed back ???? 1x12. I would expect it to sound very different.

the difference isnt my point...as i stated in my post also, ofcourse its different...i am not trying to get also the same tone or anything...only point was the low end...which is fine.

Ah ok, the NL12 is not FRFR, my bad, in which case your comparing totally different speaker/cab combinations. Open back cab - Greenback 2x12 vs closed back ???? 1x12. I would expect it to sound very different.

Next time,use your axe fx.. and plug the matrix into the speaker ..Vox. Unplug the the Real vox cabinet. That would be a the right way to see if it sounded,the same.

Actualy my main reason to be in guitar center was to try a real vox cab with alnico blues with matrix and axe fx...but they didnt have one

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Also, I believe the ac30tb modeled in the axe is a vintage unit. I would almost guarantee that a new ac30tb will sound different. Having said that, I also have to dial out sound bottom end on my ac30tb preset. I if I remember, the low cut feature gets me there with this amp. I am using it with an ir, fwiw.

Actualy my main reason to be in guitar center was to try a real vox cab with alnico blues with matrix and axe fx...but they didnt have one

I have an AC30 TBX and my alnico blues took time to soften up. Bear that in mind if you try a brand new alnico blue cab in a guitar shop and it sounds a bit harsh.

Take a look at the speaker page in the axe's AC30 TB model. I think it's set to a low end resonance around 50hz with a very high peak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom