axe 3 speculation

wildolympic

Inspired
Just curious, what do you guy's think Cliff has up his sleeve, I ask because I am thinking of upgrading my mark 2 to an xl plus but if there's a axe 3 coming soon I'll wait, let the speculation game's begin.

I would guess you have a very, very long wait....3 to 4 years minimum - Not something I am even thinking about....

The XL+ and AX8 are so awesome-I really need my 30+ years of guitar playing to catch up to the Fractal Audio devices I own now. Just this mans opinion of course.

There is still enough headroom left on the XL CPU wise so there is not really a big need for a hardware update just yet. It also has more than enough memory and a great user interface. I reckon it's probably a safe bet to go for the XL+ (note I have no inside info on this, it's just my speculation).

Lets just be happy with the XL+, I'm sure there are more wonders Cliff can create for that than we can even imagine!!

I would guess you have a very, very long wait....3 to 4 years minimum - Not something I am even thinking about....

The XL+ and AX8 are so awesome-I really need my 30+ years of guitar playing to catch up to the Fractal Audio devices I own now. Just this mans opinion of course.

Exactly my opinion. There is SOO much that the XL does already, and the firmware get's updated frequently (personally love that) that it is almost impossible to explore the entire capabilities of this unit - never mind a newer product version of it! :)

I love my XL+ so much, I can't even imagine what else I would need to be added in a new unit
There are definitely plenty items on folks' wish lists for the Axe FX for new models (amps, effects, cabs), allowing more parameters to be attached to modifiers and CPU optimizations which can benefit all FAS products.

There are definitely plenty items on folks' wish lists for the Axe FX for new models (amps, effects, cabs), allowing more parameters to be attached to modifiers and CPU optimizations which can benefit all FAS products.
Seriously though how much is enough. We all played guitars for years with an amp or maybe 2 and a pedalboard. Now we need what? 2,000 amps and 5,000 cabinets?

I think as soon as a faster DSP is available, there might be an upgrade. In case it's not compatible with the currently used DSPs this might resolve into an Axe-FX III.

But even then, the Axe-FX II has SO much horse power and with the XL+ Cliff seems to have solved all issues the earlier versions had, starting from Mk1. Just get an XL+ if you aren't comfortable anymore with your Mk2.

My suggestion: Keep the Mk2! What's wrong with it?! Do you need what the XL+ offers additionally to your Mk2?

Ok, We are pretty confident there will not be an Axe III anytime soon so speculating is just another word for wishing.

Chip and memory prices go down and new DSP cores so there might be an XL++ later :). Not that I think an XL could be used for the next 15+ years or so.

5+ years is my guess. I think the additional product lines (especially software) could monopolize most of Cliff and co's time for many years to come. Most of my wish list items are not AxeFx hardware related. I want to see better software integration with DAWs and I'd be surprised if the Reverb DRM or equivalent issues don't sort themselves out and lead to further products being developed. I imagine plugins could be a great revenue stream for FAS, especially if they're offering a superior/unique product. All that being said, I'm sure I'll get on the wait list asap if a next generation model is introduced.

Seriously though how much is enough. We all played guitars for years with an amp or maybe 2 and a pedalboard. Now we need what? 2,000 amps and 5,000 cabinets?

I agree- I understand fully wanting things etc....but... Many folks just want more amps for no reason other than having them. I would rather play my guitar with the zillion amps and cabs I have already.... As stated above by someone else---FAS is going to be plenty busy with sales of the AX8,XL+ and FX8.........which is only going to sky rocket.....

Back
Top Bottom