AXE 3 plus acoustic plus MIDI synth equals MANIA and AWESOMENESS

Hey everyone. Check it out. Got my system working now with my Acoustic my AXE my Roland GR-20, 2 volume pedals, a sustain switch for synth and a Sustain Plus pedal for my acoustic working. All with doing midi program changes on Scenes!! Wicked awesome sounds but a real pain to setup.

So i got midi switching for patch changes on GR-20. but i was hoping to also add the hold pedal function into my FC-12 so that i can put the GR-20 in the back of my rack to reduce the clutter and not have a sq-meter of pedals in front of me.

Is this possible ? I think that this would require to instance of midi control correct? Which can't be done? Any other way to do this?

Sean

IMG_8330.JPGIMG_8331.JPG

You should be able to do this with a Control Switch function.
Just set it up in Axe-edit or the front panel and add the CS to one of your layouts.

EzPz.
:)

I believe the "Hold" function on the Roland Units (I have the GR55) is proprietary. If you are able to get it working let me know but I don't think its doable. Check out the vguitar forums and you will probably see others trying to do this via midi with little success.

Good luck.

MM

According to the GR-20 manual, page 39, the Hold function is controlled by CC 0x40 with values < 0x3F being off, and >= 0x40 being on. I'm not sure if you can configure the FC to send MIDI CCs on button pushes yet (I think this was a wishlist item?) but if you could, you would be able to activate that function.

I'm not sure if you can configure the FC to send MIDI CCs on button pushes yet (I think this was a wishlist item?) but if you could, you would be able to activate that function.
You can. They are called Control Switches. You can have 6 of them.

Attachments

• ControlSwitch.jpg
    ControlSwitch.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom