Axe 2 Mk 2 ..... Going from 2.00 Release to 2.01b ..... quick question re: existing presets .... ?

ben ifin

Experienced
Hi all / Fractal

I have my Axe 2 Mk 2 FW 2.00 Release presets done and fully backed up ..... and I have a full FBot 2.00 Release backup done also.

After a couple of shows in the next 2 days, Im planning on going from my exisiting FW 2.00 Release to -> 2.01b ..... and I'd really like to avoid fully re-buiding my exisiting 2.00 presets from scatch [if possible].

So my question is ...... what is the best way to keep / maintain my existing preset settings but have all the "back-end goodness" of 2.01b applied to them when I update ?

Thanks,
Ben

Last edited:
I'd say most of us (myself included) who updated to 2.01b have done so without the need to change a single parameter on any preset. I've found the last few FW updates have not caused me to go on a preset tweaking marathon, which has made updating a pleasant experience. Everything just sounds better. :)

So there's no need to even "unload" and then "reload" the [same] amp block ?

[ I know " Ctrl + i " resets the selected block to factory/stock settings ]

Just update FW ...... re-boot ...... let Axe Edit do its re-scan on first run after FW update ..... thats it ?

Ben

I dunno. If I had a couple of shows coming up in the next few days I would not be loading in beta firmware.

Hey all

As per my OP, I did say in it that I wasnt going from FW 2.00 Release to FW2.01b until after my upcoming shows ..... :)

So .... if I may re-ask my quesiton .... :)

=> what is the best way to keep / maintain my existing preset settings but have all the "back-end goodness" of 2.01b applied to them when I update ?

Thanks again,
Ben

I live dangerously and just updated and have a show in a few hours! I do this all the time but I make sure I have a backup of everything in case I hate it. In this case, there was very little tweaking except a couple of volume issues on a couple patches and everything sounds absolutely AMAZING!! I am loving this update for sure!

I live dangerously and just updated and have a show in a few hours! I do this all the time but I make sure I have a backup of everything in case I hate it. In this case, there was very little tweaking except a couple of volume issues on a couple patches and everything sounds absolutely AMAZING!! I am loving this update for sure!

Hi Johnnyh64 & USMC_Trev [ & others ]

OK. Thanks. :)

So I am clear ..... as I am a bit slow on some of these sorts of things :) ........

=> apart from any specific preset "volume balancing" issues from FW to FW ....... you go from, say, FW 2.00 to FW 2.01b ..... reboot ..... done .... (?) ...... and dont do any "de-selecting / re-selecting" of amp blocks etc...... as this is not necessary for the "new mojo" to be applied to existing presets (?)

Ben

if you don't like it you can reload your back up's just as easy as you load the new firmware.

Agreed .... am aware of this and do this when needed .... :) ...... but ....

=> I'm wanting to know / find out / be told "the best " -or- "Fractal recommended" way to do a FW upgrade so that exisiting presets remain -as much as possble- unaffected other [of course] than the "new back-end-FW-goodness" ... ? :)

Thanks,
Ben

actually I agree with the question ;) and if someone answers it would be great.
i started Axefx2 recently (jan 2016) and although still tweaking and learning day by day
especially firmware impacting presets would be super too know
do not wanna retweak too much, but definitely very very interested in keeping up with fw releases

If new firmware (beta or offcial release) do you always have to reset the impacted blocks?

im on Quantum 2 and if loading to 2.01 do i have to reset anything or hust do some tweaking?

T.A.M.
Musicman0001

Back
Top Bottom