Axe 2 MIDI thru flawed?

I'm using L6 G90 - Rocktron/Bradshaw Patchmate - AFII & midi thru is working flawless. Switch times are seemless.
How is the performance with just MFC - AFII?

I'm using L6 G90 - Rocktron/Bradshaw Patchmate - AFII & midi thru is working flawless. Switch times are seemless.
How is the performance with just MFC - AFII?

MFC > Axe 2 only works fine.
It gets weird when the Axe 2 MIDI thru comes into play. Also, I can only test it with the MFC.

So, your setup (MIDIwise) is Bradshaw > Axe 2 > Rocktron Patchmate, is that correct?
Does the Patchmate respond perfectly to all of the MIDI CCs it receives, even when they are sent shortly after another?

As stated, MFC > GCX > Axe 2 is flawless. But, for other reasons, it's just not the setup I'm going for.

As there are other users having similar problems I'm going to contact Fractal support, thanks for the e-mail address, Sean.

Still, if someone with the MFC, the Axe 2 AND another unit like the GCX, M13, a G-Major or similiar could test it, I would be very grateful.

I'm still going to test the MIDI signal with MIDI Ox, as suggested earlier in this thread.

I am having the same problem .
MFC > AXE FX2 > JMP1
Most of the time Program changes does not transmit to JMP1
I tested both with Cat 5 and Midi cable

I wonder what the problem is/was. I am currently using the midi thru on the Axe II to run my Mini Amp Gizmo for channel switching on my Mesa Mark V and have had intermittant problems as well. I have the Mini Amp Gizmo on midi channel 2 and sometimes the amp channel does not change with MFC preset changes like it is supposed to. This is pretty frustrating in a live situation. Especially because it is an intermittant problem. It sounds pretty consistent with the issues experienced in this thread, so I hope the firmware 5 fix fixes my issue as well.

Very interested in the outcome of this as well.... I'm about ready to order my AXE II and probably the MFC. I plan on running a midi/cat5 from MFC > AXE II > (midi 5 pin) > Effect Gizmo.

If I want to avoid the extra power wal-wart into the AXE, I need to use the Cat-5, but using a Cat-5 will still allow me to use a 5 pin midi thru onto the Gizmo, correct?

Cool. I'm not running an MFC101, but I ran into a few issues trying to use MIDI thru for programming my FCB1010. Not sure if its going to help me, but it sure would be nice if it did. :)

@nater: that's correct.

Your setup would be:

MFC (expansion out) > Cat5 > Axe MFC In > Axe MIDI thru > standard MIDI cable (5 pin but only pins 2, 5 and 4 wired > Gizmo

Thanks year2525.... but what if all 5 pins are in fact wired? Is that still okay? I assume it would only USE the pins it needs to use.

@nater: that's correct.

Your setup would be:

MFC (expansion out) > Cat5 > Axe MFC In > Axe MIDI thru > standard MIDI cable (5 pin but only pins 2, 5 and 4 wired > Gizmo

Thanks year2525.... but what if all 5 pins are in fact wired? Is that still okay? I assume it would only USE the pins it needs to use.

Some devices use pins 1 and 3 (the ones on the very left and right) to send power.
AFAIK the Axe 2 MIDI thru doesn't (but don't quote me on that, there's not much information given on that in the manual) as it sends power via a 7 pin cable on the MIDI In port.

Have a look at the product page of your MIDI cable, usually manufacturers give info on that.

Probably you're good to go with the cable you're using.

Some devices use pins 1 and 3 (the ones on the very left and right) to send power.
AFAIK the Axe 2 MIDI thru doesn't (but don't quote me on that, there's not much information given on that in the manual) as it sends power via a 7 pin cable on the MIDI In port.

Have a look at the product page of your MIDI cable, usually manufacturers give info on that.

Probably you're good to go with the cable you're using.

You are correct the midi thru does not send power.

The midi in sends power through pins 6 and 7

Back
Top Bottom