axcellent !

I think some regional mini Axe-Fests would be a good idea. One day seminars that cover preset creation and tricks of the trade.
I/we have done it before, and should do it again.
The Dallas Axe-fx meeting was our first try and went pretty well for us having no idea really what to do at the time.
Now, I/we have a few tricks to share. :)

I will be glad to provide 2 canon 7d eos HD cameras as well a projector for a regional meet.
I can bring Pa if needed too I think we can set a camera on the axe 2 and project large image too wall.

If there were tables and tables empty with plugs and chairs people could bring in axe 2s and work hands on right there
and with the screen being large and good audio in there many could learn at one time.

I suggest perhaps having a file printed in pdf form maybe even saved too hard drive where people could bring gig sticks
get the download content and leave without having to print it all there ect..

So all the short cuts and crucial information is there it could be there in paper form and pdf where it could be had on gig stick.
No one leaves frustrated or unhappy and everyone can help one another people with simular tastes in music can meet
I think that would really be great because suddenly a giant network of people helping one another and making music.

You have to love that...

I will be glad to provide cameras projector Pa gear what ever im 100 miles north of Dallas.
Tex Axe

i can provide the location... again, if it is just a couple of peeps, then we could hang in the studio; however, any more and i would take it outdoors, the space of which would be very comfortable. beyond that, i know enough people that we might be able to hold it at a larger indoor space.

let me know - im gettin' excited!

raze

I'd love to be a part if it turns into a bigger event. A Dallas axe-fest would be super cool. Seems to be a good concentration of users in this area...might be good for those that are on the fence to be able to see/hear as well!

i can provide the location... again, if it is just a couple of peeps, then we could hang in the studio; however, any more and i would take it outdoors, the space of which would be very comfortable. beyond that, i know enough people that we might be able to hold it at a larger indoor space.

let me know - im gettin' excited!

raze

How about the new cowboys stadium ?
:O
:)

I would love to have another AxeFX meetup. I think most of us only know other Fractal users online, so meeting up every now and then would be good.

Last meetup was held in a fairly small what looked like an old storefront. It seemed to give us a decent amount of room. I was the odd man out with the Ultra in a sea of II's, but now the Ultra has a new home and I'm running with a II.

It was cool to see what everyone was amplifying with. You had 4*12 cabs, Traynor tube amps, studio monitors of varying makes and some Atomics.

cooler weather

I think Aug Sept would be a good time for Mini regional Axe FX meeting.. weather is getting cooler somewhat these days thank you .
I am down to go I thought also if most brought headphones and a power strip or conditioners then they can plug their system in work through headphones
to make sure what new item is saved and working right without causing cacaphony <sp> caca phoney noise you could double check your work via headphones
and proceed if you get your questions answered and are set you can stay leave ect but make room for next guy so there is spaces available.

Imagine a sea of these things in one giant room ? and 1000000000 smiles behind them with thumbs up from everyone who shows !

Im in a much better mood just really am thank you..

I know this can ease tensions and lift spirits and build bridges and friendships beyond just the machinery and sounds and that is important these days that we
teach each other and help one another nothing wrong with that I dont feel.

If someone needs 1:1 lessons then there would be a network of help.
It creates jobs and feeds people in spirit and what $ can you put on being pacified sound wise ?

I would think an entrance fee to pay for the room is nothing short of fair where ever that might be.

Perhaps a show of hands of who would come might help turn it into a reality ?

Im in Ill be glad to help film bring pa ect...

we could do it the same day as the axefest in LA and livestream in the presentations (if the organizers would agree)......it would just take a soundsystem, projector&screen, bandwidth, a feed, and permission :<)

It would be great experience for us in film and audio. Well worth a 5 hour drive for someone who is in the dark on the product. Also by that you could have a section for newbies section for more advanced users so if someone still needs the entire system and foot controller setup and calibrated then something like that could be covered in one class and something more advanced could be covered in the other classes so the newbies get caught up too speed and have someone available for questions and answers on those issues and the more advanced can be delving into deeper questions that might not make any sense too a new comer.

For instance in my case nothing was really calibrated I managed to get scenes setup and learned some things but overall was lost completely till someone showed me how to get round.
Funeral broke the system down in such a light too me I could understand the basics at least and that presentation could be filmed with 2 cameras and new comers like me could view that film and still pick things up that went bye too fast.. Something like that could be showing all day long for the entire length and that instructor could be at advanced classes being challenged himself and showing others the latest hes come up with...
So when the newbies walk out of JEDI TRAINING FILM they walk into JEDI MASTER CLASS and the same familiar face/s would be there
teaching the next class and if indeed the newbies feel strong and say oh yea buddy more more more give me more I got this going now
then there is more too feed and learn from.

But that would free up the obi wans and Jedi council to be training the more advanced and its nothing that cant be soaked up like a sponge if you want it more then anything
you will learn it and if you cant then there would be several Jedi trainers too help explain it where you can...
Or just watch the first film again and again and if still stumped write down question and bring it too next level and it should be knocked clean out by then so everyones system is
smoking right along doing what it is that person wants...

I knew before Funeral got here I wanted scenes and just did not know how to set things too that point.
once I knew reveal turned scenes on and off per patch it came clear and then once I learned oh you set an amp too that patch
then go in set scenes up and since your efx are in standard places on mfc 101 then you can label those as such and really quickly learn those
before long you wont need labels you will remember them.. It helps you learn the board ..

Id say everyones system should be setup before advanced class so the jedis there can just show you the deeper powers that lie within the force..
Use the force Luke you will be so glad you did..

Knowing the jedi training will build strength for you to RISE RISE and migrate towards the galaxy of knowledge master class.
Where you must put greater skills too the test.

Again if you are stumped you would be able to come back take a break go eat drink something relax and come back for another presentation.
that way alot could be covered frequently asked questions ect how to setup controllers how to setup tap tempo how to setup 3 controllers..
how to setup the tuner where you have silence while tuning.. things like that should all be set before newbies advance too next level so they can proceed on with no
issues...

I live in remote area where not many around me know much about fixing these I had to seek knowledge from Dallas area if not further south of Dallas and thankfully
Funeral knew where I was at and responded too me once I got back too him..

I know there are others like me who are smart enough to fly on their own once they can get things setup such as in my case..
I have alot of questions still.

How can I make template and pull that over too say 50 or 100 patches ?
If that has to be done individually so be it but if something like that could be done where you have a master template and you know
your efx and dont want to change them then scenes can be easily setup after a master swap was done...

If Fractal can figure out axe edit and make it do that I would be content with 200 patches all the same template
and the rest could be experimental patches or saved ones moved too those locations past 200 or mixed in with the first 200..
The amp blocks in each one can be changed as well cab blocks after the fact but if you could do all of that in axe edit first and drag it all over ho lee cow.

Fractal figures that out works the bugs out of axe edit and somehow figures out how we can just copy paste templates over say 200 patches at once that would be so huge.

Even if you had to go back in and manually set each amp and cab block one time who cares how long would that take ?
if you knew you wanted the same amps say no more then 10 amps hehe haha in pairs then you could select those drag those over into amp library and do the same with cabs
and efx just dragging the template over that would speed things up alot...

I dont ask for much do I ?

Fractal is a great name because naturally the more you think about this or delve into it the more things bloom out and it seems to work and keep working across the board.

Further proving Cliff is our leader with good intent and thats a nice feeling is it not ??

Cheshire cat grin.

When is the LA fest ? Perhaps we should set a global date and regional fests could take place be filmed and
perhaps linked off a known date..?

Back
Top Bottom