axcellent !

Tex Axe

Experienced
I spent the entire day with Funeral today this man came drove 90 miles each way to help me today.
Spent all afternoon and into the evening showing me how to use axe fx 2 and I was building patches myself
series- parallel= we covered so much ground.

He then brought in his ev wedge which sounded un believable....
we worked on that and I broke out the eon type I had made the switch from cab driven by power amp
and could not believe how amazing this system sounds.

Im blown completely out of my socks !

Too funeral you helped me so much today you have no idea.
Too Cliff thank you for making this amazing portal to joy.

I am only at the surface but I know tonight without any doubt I found what I was after for 30 years.

There is not enough money to pay someone to come help you like this.
Funeral you rule buddy we had several major issues which I would have never ever figured
this man patiently found every issue and then some and saved my life all day long into the evening.

Just teach a man to fish and see what happens.

I strongly urge anyone in Texas Oklahoma anywhere around these parts if you need help
contact Funeral he is the king around these parts I was in complete awe of this mans tenacity and
steadfastness into attacking every issue everything just wiped them out and fixed it all.

He had me making patches in no time flat and I cant put into words how grateful I am
other then this..

Forever grateful for your help and lifeline too this ocean of fun.

Im nearly speechless at how great Funeral is at this if your in the Dallas area
and have any issue period support this man be humble be kind
hold your tongue no matter what happens because its going to be fixed working 100%
Right before your eyes and ears and when you see and hear how this can work with powered monitors
your going to get a GRINCH SIZED GRIN ON YOUR FACE.

I cant sleep and Im exhausted.

I am bowing with the greatest respect tonight too funeral and too Cliff .

Just astonishing what Cliff has done and is doing im preaching too the choir.
Forever humbled for the help Funeral you need something you got it buddy.

Cliff im bowing in Texas Ive been chasing tone all my life im 52 years old and I cant believe my eyes and ears.

Astonished would be an understatement.

Funeral <John> is the cats meow on the axe fx 2 nothing stumped the man.
And I would have never ever figured all that out.

Support this man if you have issues or just have any doubts what so ever let him
set your axe up and tell me if you will be buying another amp.

You might be buying another axe 2 instead.
floored Im making patches and scenes.

OH MY GOD SCENES...
HAVE I TOLD YOU LATELY THAT I LOVE YOU ?

ALL MY LIFE IVE WANTED THIS !

Funeral's a good dude.

Now, go make us some tone clips. If you're into metal, try the Cornford MK50 model. It does a great Heaven&Hell/Mob Rules-era Sabbath tone.

Funeral's a good dude.

Now, go make us some tone clips. If you're into metal, try the Cornford MK50 model. It does a great Heaven&Hell/Mob Rules-era Sabbath tone.

I am just getting started and Funeral is going to return and we are going too shoot irs the next time.
I have several cabs here and amps efx ... so that will be the project on the horizon.

I will need to confer with Funeral on some metal patches I think he made some have to double check on mine.
If not next time for certain we had many miles to cover today..

Funeral, I am on day one, and it is late into the night. This thing is amazing! I live near Dallas (25 miles North). Where is Funeral at? I might drive to him! :shock:mrgreen

Nice guy!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone on here is really nice, helpful, and cool. I DID already download my first patch onto my AFX II. Cool feature!

Last edited:
Help Funeral. I`m not that far away... Only 7 445 kilometer :D

Anyway.. Really cool of him to help you out. And great that things are working out. Now we have to get the TAxSlinger in buiz to.

Reactions: Ole
I am just getting started and Funeral is going to return and we are going too shoot irs the next time.
I have several cabs here and amps efx ... so that will be the project on the horizon.

I will need to confer with Funeral on some metal patches I think he made some have to double check on mine.
If not next time for certain we had many miles to cover today..

where are you guys located? I'm in north oak cliff about 2 miles west of downtown. I've really not dived into the axe but would love to come observe to learn more. I'd be happy to get us all lunch or bring the beer.

raze

Funeral, I am on day one, and ti is late into the night. This thing is amazing! I live near Dallas (25 miles North). Where is Funeral at? I might drive to him! :shock:mrgreen

TexAxeSlinger, where are you , plano, frisco, ponder? maybe we could make a day of it.

where are you guys located? I'm in north oak cliff about 2 miles west of downtown. I've really not dived into the axe but would love to come observe to learn more. I'd be happy to get us all lunch or bring the beer.

Last year we had a Fractal meetup in Dallas. It was a lot of fun. Jay Mitchell showed up and demoed the then-prototype Atomic CLRs. Funeral was there, too.

Lots of great rigs were at the meetup that day. I brought my nicest guitar, my AxeFX Ultra (since replaced with a II) and my two Atomic FRFR cabs. Good times!

Anyone in the Dallas area that wants a clean machine should contact Funeral <John> pm him here and just mention what it is your having problems with.

I look at it this way what would I do for someone or pay them for showing me the keys too the universe of tones and you can dive as deep as you want
and find new things every day.

I will say this we had a few head scratchers here and He figured every one of them out and fixed it.

Dialed my system in showed me the difference on using say stereo power amp and cab and I loved that sound then we got into
just using powered monitors which I was skeptical first words were well do they move any air.

HAHAHAHA yea they move air and they rumble your body and the cab sims really take on dimension with the monitors vs stereo power amp to cab setup.
I took mine out and brought in jbl eon Pa monitors and holy cow what a difference in sound.

Funeral had an ev wedge that impressed me to no end 1000 watts and it would herd cattle if he wanted too or at living room volumes or just above lo roar
speaking volumes at that.

This is not like an amp attenuated it sounds amazing at all volumes and if you turn it down its amazing crank it too eviction levels it sounds amazing.
Headphones amazing.

I tried out many amps here last night Funeral made me an ac 30 patch that sounds so spot on he showed me how to build these patches myself and made a template
which I can draw from.. That is really helpful.

John did not want to accept payment I said nonsense you drove this way to help me and I feel I did not pay the man enough.
He said I owe you another visit then.

You know how amazing that is ? I know Funeral now I would recommend him to anyone having issues but please bear in mind
this is like trying to swim too neptune and back and its so deep and so vast that it can seem overwhelming.

Just take things as what they are listen dont get mad or frustrated do not allow yourself to give up
John would not let me give up he came here and saved my life yesterday and there is not enough money I could pay the man for that type of help.

I consider John my friend for life and all he has to do is say I could use some help and I will be driving too him to do so.
I dont know how I could possibly pay enough and he was not about this for money he wanted too see me get up on my feet and I demanded too pay him.

What price can YOU put on happiness or the feeling hey I suddenly dont feel so damn stupid anymore and I can actually do this.

You can do it do not give up seek Funeral out be kind be humble and listen and watch very carefully and you will be amazed beyond all you could dream for.

I learned how to go into amp block and cab block I know right how to select an amp and cab hit store enter and its in there.
I had scenes setup already but there were some things inside that needed to be setup correctly and calibrated ie controllers.

I have 3 mission controllers John knocked every one of them out and figured this way to make volume pedal a volume and then just slight boost
of 3 db that allows you to be a tad louder dynamically then the band click switch its back to volume pedal.

He hooked up another sb1 for wah and its wah or off 3rd pedal has spring I was going to use it for wah but its perfect for whammy pedal and it works it works it works !
He solved an issue of this crackle wound up being I had firewire cable plugged into one mac which was not being used at the time it was trying to draw information from that other mac and when he removed that cable the crackle went away and both left and right of my dream machine work flawlessly.

That one bugged us for about an hour and I mentioned is it hooked into the right mac and that wound up being it but you see Id have sworn it was an issue with axe.

No it was user error on my part. John explained that by using that I could play backing tracks back through my wedges and jam with them at same time..
We did not get that far but its setup so when I figure that part and its a matter of telling Mac ok make axe 2 the soundcard instead of motu then it can send and receive
music from an mp3 player for instance which means I could do a solo act and have backing tracks if needed.

I know could you play solo ?

So low we cant hear you ?
Could you play tenor ?
Ten or twelve miles from here ...

:)

Well I can play solo I will now fit into any band and not be stepping on anyone elses frequencies "Kenneth"
because John is studio minded and he knows where the frequencies are for guitar to sit.

So now when I record or play with bassist I wont be in his yard nor anyone else's because my range has been set correctly.

What do you think that was worth ? hmmm?

See I cant pay the guy enough I feel cheap and John was nothing but gracious and wise and he never let anything stump him.

Patience of 10 saints.
I want people to support the man at this because he should be running clinics in Dallas Texas every month
I am so impressed I URGED HIM too and If I can find more users up near me where I could rent the theater in
town here I think it would be great to do a CLINIC too just show people what this can do.

Seeing is believing but hearing stands the goosebumps on your arms up and I had many oh my God moments here.
John is a great player I mean from metal to jazz and all points in between I want to study with John on other levels
besides just the axe fx 2.

He is a walking dictionary for jazz chords and if you want metal he will bring that in buckets too.
Serious fun money is nothing compared to serenity or happiness NOTHING.

Contact Funeral <John> even if your 10,000 miles away I know he can help you.

He set me free yesterday and killed every demon I had here exept the monster that is now loose in north Texas.

Now to my pretty my precious... Its time to build patches yesterday I had no clue.

What a difference a day makes .
Thank you God for Men like John and Cliff..

Hey Cliff a big virtual fist bump and bro hug !
John you have the helm and are welcome at my home 24-7
We are only just getting started.

Having issues or problems ?
ELIMINATE THEM LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE IN HELL ON EARTH CONTACT FUNERAL.

watch the clouds lift at your house and feel the glory of tones you wont ever ever believe can come out of a floor wedge
no one around you will believe it either.

When the people of this town here this people will be selling amps rigs pedals and getting on the axe bus.

I have the amps and pedals and cabs soon as I shoot the irs on every one of them Im going to sell them.

Hey listen to Tex Axe he almost sounds like he knows what he is talking about now.

If John can lead this horse to think then you all have nothing to fear unless your worried you might be selling your amps off.
I think you might.
Some amps Ill keep for investment value the rest will be sold.

Id rather have two axe fx with all of them loaded then two wedges thank you and sit in a band spectrum where Im not on someone elses toes or frequencies.

Funeral has changed my entire outlook on that and I think more studio minded and look at the larger picture now how can I fit into a band and be welcomed and with open arms
and accepted because im now not stepping on others toes or getting in their yards frequency wise.

Do I sound just a bit more confident then last week ?

THIS MAN SAVED MY LIFE AND HE CAN SAVE YOURS TOO BUT WHEN YOU SEE HOW FAR THIS MAN GOES FOR YOU PLEASE DO ME A FAVOR AND SHOWER THE GUY
WITH PRAISE AND MONEY ITS NOT ABOUT THE MONEY ITS ABOUT JOY AND THERE IS NO WAY I CAN BEGIN TO PUT A PRICE ON THAT.

You cant so you compensate the man if he comes and saves your life and lifts your black clouds because he lifted mine and I can see clearly now the rain is gone !

I see that light at the end of the tunnel and this time there isnt a train behind it !

Funeral I owe you still.

raze

TexAxeSlinger, where are you , plano, frisco, ponder? maybe we could make a day of it.

Cool, I am in Highland Village, by Flower Mound. I wonder where Funeral Lives? Sounds like Dallas. I don't need an indepth thing to fix issues, I just want to learn how to take advantage of the great feature this thing has. Maybe we take funeral out to lunch and a few beers to pay him for his knowledge and we have a Axe-FX II Lesson with the Master.

I am sure he doesn't every guy bugging him all the time, but it would be fun to meet another guitar player and learn about Amazing Piece of Engineering I just got.

I am gtalac@verizon.net (home e-mail) I work in Richardson off George Bush near 75.

"John explained that by using that I could play backing tracks back through my wedges and jam with them at same time."

I want to know how to play out of my newly bought Studio Monitors and also play music out of the computer as well. I use a Fast Track Pro to play the speakers with my Computer (XLR into Monitors) and 1/4" TPS into the M-Audio, then when I use the AFX II, I unplug the 1/4" from the M-Audio and plug in the 1/4" TPS plugs into the rear of the Amp FX II.

I have Mackie SRM 450 V2 Powered PA Speakers so I will try those out too, and, I have a Bogner XTC 101 Head and a 4x12 cabinet with V30 speakers. I need to try the 4 cable method and also the Mackies.

Last edited:
Nice setup. You might want to get some blanks to fill out the empty spaces in your rack case. Just a cosmetic thing. Are you planning to add a floor controller like the MFC to the mix?

My first electric was a black Ibanez Roadstar just like the one on your wall. I gave it away years ago. Wish I hadn't. I'd love to have it today just for sentimental reasons.

Wow! Tex, I appreciate your gratitude. It was my pleasure.
Thanks for all the kind words. I really appreciate it.
I enjoyed helping Tex. He wanted to learn so he did.
Cliff has given us an amazing tool to sculpt our tones
and express ourselves. Thanks to him as always.
With out this killer forum and community none of us would have the
knowledge we have to share.
Be well everyone. :)

Cool, I am in Highland Village, by Flower Mound. I wonder where Funeral Lives? Sounds like Dallas. I don't need an indepth thing to fix issues, I just want to learn how to take advantage of the great feature this thing has. Maybe we take funeral out to lunch and a few beers to pay him for his knowledge and we have a Axe-FX II Lesson with the Master.

I am sure he doesn't every guy bugging him all the time, but it would be fun to meet another guitar player and learn about Amazing Piece of Engineering I just got.

i'd be down. i have a small studio i recently had built (full of fun toys!), and if he's in The D, I wouldn't mind hosting a couple peeps at my house to really - and finally - learn more about the axe.

funeral, you down?

razor

i'd be down. i have a small studio i recently had built (full of fun toys!), and if he's in The D, I wouldn't mind hosting a couple peeps at my house to really - and finally - learn more about the axe.

funeral, you down?

razor

Hello if you guys do meet and it might be ok if I came too Id love to be there...
I can bring mine down Im just getting started too so I have lots to learn.
Id leap at the chance to watch and learn.
not to be a party crasher but this is one party I want to be at.

I want to see the expressions honestly..
:)

Back
Top Bottom