AX8 won't reboot when MIDI cable plugged in

Pinthar

If I have a midi cable in plugged in and turn off then turn on my AX8, it wont reboot. I only get a blank screen. If I unplug the midi cable, then reboot, it's fine and goes through the system checks. Anyone know what the issue is?

Could it be the device attached via MIDI is flooding the AX8 with messages ?
That could very well be the case. I will unplug the midi and try again. But the unit should be able to process all channels, including midi, 1-8 and Spdif. But it's the cause, I hope so. I will just have to record midi seperately. Thanks for the advice.

That could very well be the case. I will unplug the midi and try again. But the unit should be able to process all channels, including midi, 1-8 and Spdif. But it's the cause, I hope so. I will just have to record midi seperately. Thanks for the advice.

The AX8 has only very limited CPU bandwith set aside to do MIDI data processing. This issue has been addressed in the FM3 by its dedicated ARM processor driving IO and UI. If attached devices send too many control messages it will become an issue even if the messages are not meant to be processed by the AX8. In order to avoid flooding the AX8 better make point-to-point MIDI connections to the AX8 and make sure only messages that are meant to be processed by the AX8 are sent across that connection. Also make sure CC messages come in at a slow pace (e.g. 10 messages per second instead of hundreds).

Back
Top Bottom