AX8 with Two Notes CabM (low output)

RKF

Inspired
Signal chain:

AX8 -> CabM - Yamaha DXR10

The input on the Cab M is 1/4” only, so I’m running mono out of the AX8’s 1/4” output into the CabM and out via XLR into the DXR monitor. The only way to get any significant output is to set the CabM’s input selector to the highest level (+12 I think) and crank the AX8 and CabM nearly all the way. I suspected I might be losing half the signal by using only one output on the AX8 so I tried a y-cable but then it became whisper quiet and distant.

I’ve used the CabM with a pedalboard driven by a Kingsley Maiden as the preamp and have to take the level way down it’s so loud. So I don’t suspect anything wrong with the CabM.

I did notice if I pull the jack slightly out of the AX8’s output, the level jumps up quite a bit. But inserted all the way it goes way back down.

Anyone using a setup similar to this or have any idea what’s going on? Ideally, how should I go about connecting these two devices together?

FYI, I’m using the CabM because after trying a hundred thousand or so IR’s, I don’t like any of them. Haha

Thanks for any help!

Have you checked your output 1 setting? Default is +4 but maybe you have it set to -10? I have always found the AX8 to have loads of output so if it's set to +4 then not sure what is going on. I use a standard 1/4" mono connection between my AX8 and CLR with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom