AX8 with Rolls PM50s

mag1k

Inspired
ok. Need your help. Just bought the rolls pm50s because i needed to have in ear in order to hear properly. I lost the hearing on my left ear A couple weeks ago due to Meniere's disease. Now i have tinnitus (constant ringing on my left ear) it sucks but thankful to God i can still hear on my right ear.
I want to plug my AX8 directly to the FOH. To those who have the Rolls PM50s or similar,
1) how do u wire your AX8 in accordance to the PM50s?
2) which output do you use on the AX8 to go into the FOH (xlr or 1/4)?
3) do you use D-i box from AX8 to the FOH?
4) which output would you use to go into the PM50s? Please note the Pm50s only has XLR input. I could always get an adapter.
5) on the AX8, can i use both XLR and 1/4 output at the same time? 1/4 out to Rolls and XLR to FOH.
6) any good in-ear headphones that sends left and right signal into 1 ear only? Is this even possible? How can i make this possible?

Sorry, i could not try any of these at the moment. I have nowhere to try it. Can't go anywhere as i still get dizzy as the vertigo kicks in! Thank you so much, in advance, for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 32
it is very difficult to tell you how you should wire your monitors to your ax8 because there are many different options.

i can tell you that it would be unusual to wire your in ear monitors straight to your rig in a live context; most people use a monitor mixer so they can also hear the rest of the program.

I don't use a PM50. I use a Rolls MX28. I send AX8 XLR out 1 to FOH. I send AX8 1/4" out 1 to the MX28. I send a mono monitor mix to the MX28 from the mixer with my mixer guitar channel at 0. I mix in my AX8 1/4" at the MX28 to hear my guitar in stereo over the mix. Works great, sounds great and gives me a lot of control. You can do the same thing with a Rolls PM351.

it is very difficult to tell you how you should wire your monitors to your ax8 because there are many different options.

i can tell you that it would be unusual to wire your in ear monitors straight to your rig in a live context; most people use a monitor mixer so they can also hear the rest of the program.

I just need one that would make sense. My AX8 XLR left to Rolls Mic Input, Rolls Mic Thru to FOH Mixer, FOH Monitor to Rolls Monitor input. Would that work/make sense? Or AX8 XLR Left to Rolls Mic Input, FOH Monitor to Rolls Monitor, AX8 Right XLR to FOH Mixer?
Or do i put a DI box on the XLR Right before going to FOH?

DI boxes change 1/4" to XLR - so you wouldn't use one from an XLR output of the AX8.
My AX8 XLR left to Rolls Mic Input, Rolls Mic Thru to FOH Mixer, FOH Monitor to Rolls Monitor input.
this should work fine. then you can use the "more me" function of the PM50s and the "mic level" knob. be sure your Monitor send does NOT have your guitar in it, or else there will be phase problems.

You’ll also want to careful of your output volume going into the Rolls unit. That xlr is expecting microphone level and you’ll be sending line level, which is a hotter signal.

Back
Top Bottom