Ax8 with Mission SP-1 pedal

atlfalcons

Hello,

Can anyone explain very briefly how to set the mission sp-1 expression pedal up to control a wah wah feature and a volume feature? I have dual trs 1/4 to 1/4 cables to accomplish this, just need to know what to do in Ax8-Edit. Basically when I press the wah down to engage the switch I want the wah to kick in and then disengage when I press the switch again.

If you assign the toe switch to external 2 (and the swept pedal to external 1), you can assign external 2 as a modifier for the bypass state for both vol and wah - they just need to be reversed. So when you press the footswitch, the wah comes on, and the volume gets bypassed, and vice versa.

If you assign the toe switch to external 2 (and the swept pedal to external 1), you can assign external 2 as a modifier for the bypass state for both vol and wah - they just need to be reversed. So when you press the footswitch, the wah comes on, and the volume gets bypassed, and vice versa.
I was able to program the Wah Wah part of the equation. Now I just need to figure out how to add in the volume pedal aspect where it turns off when the switch engages.

My SP-1 just arrived as well, and I will be doing the exact same thing :) .... can you have a global setting where when you engage the switch on the SP-1 the AX8 automatically does the wah every time,.. or do you have to do it on each setting/patch?

Thanks!

Yep. Assign the switch to an external controller like Smittefar said. Assign that controller to the bypass mode parameter of both the volume and wah blocks, and swap the start and end values on one of the modifiers. That flips the direction of the modifier curve, so when wah is on, the volume is off and vice versa. You then assign the controller for your pedal sweep to both the wah block control parameter and the volume block volume parameter at the same time. They will both sweep with the pedal, but you'll only hear the block that's activated by the toe switch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom