AX8 Wishes

I wish there was some way to disable the "B" button on the FS screen while editing presets.

Today, I was making a preset, and I decided to do it from the Ax8 front panel rather than Ax8edit. I had spent an hour or two finding the right settings for all the blocks. In the end, I wanted to assign the footswitches before saving, so I went to the footswitch screen. An accident happened, and my hand turned the "B" knob rather than the "A" knob, and BAM, I had changed the preset. All my tweaking was gone forever :'(

Something like that. I guess that in 'live mode', you do not want to be annoyed by such messages, but maybe there could be an 'edit mode', where warnings like that would apply.

You learn when you work on a computer all day... Save save save! I save after I accomplish even small tasks. Sorry you lost your patch, very frustrating!

A feature that I used with the MFC & Axe II was the alternate global preset, where you press the footswitch for the preset currently in use and it immediately switches to your global preset. I had been hoping it would be possible to do this on the AX8 with one of the F switches, but don't see it there or in the 1-8 programming either. It would be great if this was a choice for the F3 switch instead of tap tempo, but I'd be happy with any switch and it wouldn't matter if the alternate preset position was fixed or programmable.

I use one preset about 90% of the time, so having a faster way to get back there would be greatly appreciated.

Danny W.

A feature that I used with the MFC & Axe II was the alternate global preset, where you press the footswitch for the preset currently in use and it immediately switches to your global preset. I had been hoping it would be possible to do this on the AX8 with one of the F switches, but don't see it there or in the 1-8 programming either. It would be great if this was a choice for the F3 switch instead of tap tempo, but I'd be happy with any switch and it wouldn't matter if the alternate preset position was fixed or programmable.

I use one preset about 90% of the time, so having a faster way to get back there would be greatly appreciated.

Danny W.

You could assign your main preset to one of the 8 footswitches. Set it globally, so that no matter what preset you are on, that footswitch will always take you back to your main preset.

Or, you could assign it within each of your other presets, which would free up that footswitch inside your main preset.

You could assign your main preset to one of the 8 footswitches. Set it globally, so that no matter what preset you are on, that footswitch will always take you back to your main preset.
i believe this is not possible. the Preset Footswitch Blocks only take you to that preset slot in the current bank. so if you stay in the same bank of 8 presets, then sure, you can set a switch like how you describe. but it won't work once you leave that bank.

I wish there was some way to disable the "B" button on the FS screen while editing presets.

Today, I was making a preset, and I decided to do it from the Ax8 front panel rather than Ax8edit. I had spent an hour or two finding the right settings for all the blocks. In the end, I wanted to assign the footswitches before saving, so I went to the footswitch screen. An accident happened, and my hand turned the "B" knob rather than the "A" knob, and BAM, I had changed the preset. All my tweaking was gone forever :'(
unfortunate. but Store Enter Enter after each change you make. it's a good habit on any device.

i believe this is not possible. the Preset Footswitch Blocks only take you to that preset slot in the current bank. so if you stay in the same bank of 8 presets, then sure, you can set a switch like how you describe. but it won't work once you leave that bank.

Good point. I guess I assumed that the 10% of time he's using other presets, those could fit within a bank of 8.

Lol. I did the same thing. I guess it's true , misery loves company. I can say - I'm more careful now. My wife heard me yell from across the house. She thought I cut my hand off. No blood , but ..... painful.

Or, you could assign it within each of your other presets, which would free up that footswitch inside your main preset.

Nope

Exactly.

Good point. I guess I assumed that the 10% of time he's using other presets, those could fit within a bank of 8.

The other 10% of the time I could be in any other preset slot. I need a selection that takes me to one specific preset from any bank in the AX8.

Danny W.

Okay, this is going to be a bit long to describe but this could really help offset the cpu limitations in the AX8.

The problem.. I can't fit enough blocks in a single preset to really do sophisticated patches unless you toss out scenes and use multiple presets for a song.

The solution.. Go ahead and use presets but with a twist. For example have one preset for your lead tones, and scenes within this preset would have variations on your lead sound. Do the same for rhythm, clean, etc. Now how do you set up a song so you can go to the preset, and scene needed with one click for leads, another click for cleans, etc... We need a "preset" that is just a pedal board configuration (kind of like a song mode) and each button is mapped to a preset and scene). So my understanding is this is similar to how the mfc works in song mode. Anyway that sure seems like it would be a viable work around if it's possible.

I have a wish for Ax8edit: I wish that my saved blocks in my block library only had an x-state and no y-state. When I edit a preset, I often insert a delay, and then I think that "My Cool tape delay" would be nice for the clean sound, and "My Awesome 2290" delay would be great for the dirties. But if those two 'presets/settings' are saved in different blocks, I cannot use them. It would work better for me, if I could just load one of my saved 'semi-blocks' x and another semi block to y.

I have a wish for Ax8edit: I wish that my saved blocks in my block library only had an x-state and no y-state. When I edit a preset, I often insert a delay, and then I think that "My Cool tape delay" would be nice for the clean sound, and "My Awesome 2290" delay would be great for the dirties. But if those two 'presets/settings' are saved in different blocks, I cannot use them. It would work better for me, if I could just load one of my saved 'semi-blocks' x and another semi block to y.

That does sound like it would be nice, and intuitive. I'm trying to stay out of this thread until I have mine in hand (any day now... Come on mail) but this seems pretty cut and dry.

Load that block in to a non important preset. Right click the XY switch for that block and copy the one you want. Go to the important preset and right click the XY in that block and paste it where you want, X or Y.

Okay, this is going to be a bit long to describe but this could really help offset the cpu limitations in the AX8.

The problem.. I can't fit enough blocks in a single preset to really do sophisticated patches unless you toss out scenes and use multiple presets for a song.
Can you describe what "sophisticated patch" means?

I would like to see the ability to assign an expression pedal to different functions in each scene without the need to use other blocks specifically for signal routing purposes.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom