AX8 Wishes

I'd love to be able to set any switch to also be able to operate as a "General IA switch" for the EXT controllers -- in other words, if you wanted to you could set button #5 to, say, EXT3 in a given preset. I'm specifically thinking of things like Amp Boost / Saturation where you can just kick it on w/out having to switch between x/y, but really anything that you can control - fx mix, levels, whatever. Yes, we can use an external switch (and I do), but it would open up even more possibilities to have more switches you could use.

You could just have the EXT #s in the menu along with all the fx that you can control... label the button "E 1" etc.

I'd love to be able to set any switch to also be able to operate as a "General IA switch" for the EXT controllers -- in other words, if you wanted to you could set button #5 to, say, EXT3 in a given preset. I'm specifically thinking of things like Amp Boost / Saturation where you can just kick it on w/out having to switch between x/y, but really anything that you can control - fx mix, levels, whatever. Yes, we can use an external switch (and I do), but it would open up even more possibilities to have more switches you could use.

You could just have the EXT #s in the menu along with all the fx that you can control... label the button "E 1" etc.

+Billions!

+1

I can dig it, I feel as though this would also mean something for external midi which would be cool as well but also might be why its not possible too.

I'd venture to guess its possible along with the ability to transmit assignable CC messages for each footswitch. Heck, the HD500 can do that. It would not surprise me to see similar functionality added to the AX8 in the future.

Then again, the rack units have overhead to spare, comparatively-speaking, and the global looper isn't an option there. So in light of that, it would be surprising if it was made an option on the AX8.
-
Austin
Make it selectable, so you have the choice? Global or per preset.

I wish that when you accidentally press <enter> in the grid pressing <exit> didn't kick you back to the pedal screen.
I wish that double pressing <edit> from the grid switched XY instead of having to press <shift> double <edit>.

Check your global setting.

Thanks Joe. I was not aware that there was a global setting for "LAYOUT GRID EXIT" (RETURN TO FS or REMOVE BLOCK) The "remove block" option works nicely. From the grid , first click of <exit > asks if you want to change the block to a shunt, the second click cancels the remove block action and leaves you right where you are. Just what I was looking for. Thanks again!

As far as I can tell, the Ax8 looper doesn't seem to support start and stop MIDI sync commands. I use an external beat buddy as the MIDI master and the AX8 tempo syncs fine, however, when using the looper it would be nice if the external start and stop sync commands would control the AX8 looper.

Hey, and while I was talking about the looper, and since this is a wish list, I'd love a true feedback control for the loop. Dub Mix is sort of what I am talking about, except it would be expanded to work when overdub was off (or even if the loop was recorded, but not currently playing) as well. It is a really powerful, creative tool that many hardware loopers don't even have. BTW, I am making all sorts of noises scaring the neighborhood cats with this thing. Amazing!

As far as I can tell, the Ax8 looper doesn't seem to support start and stop MIDI sync commands. I use an external beat buddy as the MIDI master and the AX8 tempo syncs fine, however, when using the looper it would be nice if the external start and stop sync commands would control the AX8 looper.
Looper Controls use MIDI CC #'s. Please see page 95 of the current AX8 manual.

Was in the process of moving some blocks from my Axe-FX to my AX8 and noticed that in the AX8 the level in the mixer block of the Amp has no modifier available. Usually I use a modifier on that level via scene controllers to balance out volume. Anyway to add that in?

Last edited:
Was in the process of moving some blocks from my Axe-FX to my AX8 and noticed that in the AX8 the level in the mixer block of the Amp has no modifier available. Usually I use a modifier on that level via scene controllers to balance out volume. Anyway to add that in?
I could be wrong but I believe you can just set different levels in the output mixer per scene anyways. You don't need a modifier. Again not 100% but thought I read that somewhere.

I could be wrong but I believe you can just set different levels in the output mixer per scene anyways. You don't need a modifier. Again not 100% but thought I read that somewhere.

Yep, output mixer level is saved per scene. No controller required.

Back
Top Bottom