AX8 Wishes

I'd love a global looper that just keeps going no matter what preset you are on. No need to add it to each preset (and turn it on) for each one.

I'd love a global looper that just keeps going no matter what preset you are on. No need to add it to each preset (and turn it on) for each one.

It would be a nice option as something that could be enabled or disabled globally as long as it didn't take up an overhead when disabled. Some people would rather use the CPU for something else.
-
Austin

I wouldn't mind the overhead- my patches aren't that dense.

Then again, the rack units have overhead to spare, comparatively-speaking, and the global looper isn't an option there. So in light of that, it would be surprising if it was made an option on the AX8.
-
Austin

The behavior of tap tempo button can be awkward. If I hit the button with the intent of invoking the tuner but didn't hit it quite long enough we're in "you're setting tap tempo" mode. Realizing my mistake, I press and hold longer. Now we're still in "you're setting tap tempo" mode. But you will likely drop out of this mode while you're still holding the button down. Yes! So you lift your foot off to press and hold again. The act of releasing the button puts you back in "you're setting tap tempo" mode. Shit.

I assert that if I'm pressing and holding long enough (even in "you're setting tap tempo" mode), I have declared my intent for wanting to tune my guitar. Just sayin'...

I would like the option to disable X/Y switching on a per patch basis for a block. Sometimes I just don't want the feature and don't want to have to maintain duplicating settings for two states when I really just want the one. Ideally, the footswitching would respect it and not light up for the Y state but I don't care as long as the block really doesn't change.

The behavior of tap tempo button can be awkward. If I hit the button with the intent of invoking the tuner but didn't hit it quite long enough we're in "you're setting tap tempo" mode. Realizing my mistake, I press and hold longer. Now we're still in "you're setting tap tempo" mode. But you will likely drop out of this mode while you're still holding the button down. Yes! So you lift your foot off to press and hold again. The act of releasing the button puts you back in "you're setting tap tempo" mode. Shit.

I assert that if I'm pressing and holding long enough (even in "you're setting tap tempo" mode), I have declared my intent for wanting to tune my guitar. Just sayin'...
I have this issue as well. Can be quite annoying especially when I'm trying to get to the tuner quickly.

I would like the option to disable X/Y switching on a per patch basis for a block. Sometimes I just don't want the feature and don't want to have to maintain duplicating settings for two states when I really just want the one. Ideally, the footswitching would respect it and not light up for the Y state but I don't care as long as the block really doesn't change.

Seems like a good idea if it could be easily implemented. Less to go wrong.
-
Austin

The behavior of tap tempo button can be awkward.

I have been stuck in tempo too. I wonder if swapping the tuner and tempo press/hold would be smoother. Might slow us down when we want to quickly sync s tempo though.

Maybe reducing the "TEMPO MENU AUTO EXIT TIME" on the global page would help. Looks like the lowest it can go is 1 second and that would mean no tempos less than 60 BPM, I guess.

Move your tuner, and set your press and hold on the F-switch to NONE.
I am really happy now with the way my F switches are set up and would rather not switch them. Even though this can be a little annoying I am not going to switch around my whole live setup just for this. It is what it is for right now. Not the end of the world.

I am really happy now with the way my F switches are set up and would rather not switch them. Even though this can be a little annoying I am not going to switch around my whole live setup just for this. It is what it is for right now. Not the end of the world.
Shorten your press and hold time. It defaults to .5 seconds, but can be shortened to .25 seconds. Might help prevent ending up in tempo.

Shorten your press and hold time. It defaults to .5 seconds, but can be shortened to .25 seconds. Might help prevent ending up in tempo.

I like it the length it is. Once the AX8 reverts to "normal" mode, why does it switch to "you're setting tap tempo" mode upon release?

Back
Top Bottom