AX8 (w) Qauntum ....... are /will all the amps be " G3 " ?

ben ifin

Experienced
Hey all

Pardon my newby'nes again [ Im on the AX8 w/list but not a current Fractal user yet ] ..... and I realize that this is not [probably] just an AX8-specific question.

I understand that AX8 users will be able to run Quantum when they/we get our units.

So ...... with Quantum .....

=> have all the Axe FX Amps already had the " G3 " makeover (?) or is the " G3'ing " of the amps an ongoing and as yet unfinished job (?)

Really hope this question makes sense.

Ben

I think Quantum negates the need for the G3 thing, that could be the reason why the G3 note on the amps was removed IMO.

OK .... so maybe Quantum is really just the global-name for the the " G3'ing " of the amps .... (?)

No biggie - Im just curious - " G3 " was the big thing and now its " Quantum " .... still as long as they sound "real" they could be " H4 " for all I care :)

Ben

I feel Quantum fw sounds a bit clearer and has has more depth than G3 ones, but it's not a big difference by any means.

The "water divider" (as we say in Brazil) was the G3 introduction in FW18. IMHO. That was the real "quantum leap". :mrgreen

It's called marketing........the word Quantum sounds more substantial than just continuing along the same G2/G3 path.....

I agree. Could be simply FW21, but the "now it's perfect", "now it's revolutionary" thing is contradictory with dozens of new firmwares.

As I said. major recent update was G3 in FW18. That's really something clearly superior. Even if the Quantum motor is different, more efficient, a bit clearer, etc. it's not such a big deal in tone for a completely new "nickname".

I agree. Could be simply FW21, but the "now it's perfect", "now it's revolutionary" thing is contradictory with dozens of new firmwares.

As I said. major recent update was G3 in FW18. That's really something clearly superior. Even if the Quantum motor is different, more efficient, a bit clearer, etc. it's not such a big deal in tone for a completely new "nickname".

In 'your' opinion!

Back
Top Bottom