AX8 w/ Mission EP-1 KP setup

ghost219

Inspired
I feel dumb for not being able to set up the wah engage properly. For one, the toe switch doesn't feel like a latching switch. I thought I remembered reading quite a few people having this pedal specifically for the toe switch and being more readily available than ordering direct. What am I doing wrong? when I hit the switch, AX8-Edit doesn't show it going to the off position/bypassing it.

if the switch is wired like the sp-1, connect the trs cable from the switch jack to 1 of the AX-8 pedal jacks. when you go to the calibration will it change the reading when it is pressed? you should be able to calibrate the switch just as you do the expression part of the pedal.

if the switch is wired like the sp-1, connect the trs cable from the switch jack to 1 of the AX-8 pedal jacks. when you go to the calibration will it change the reading when it is pressed? you should be able to calibrate the switch just as you do the expression part of the pedal.
It's supposed to be but I'm thinking the SP1 has an actual latching-type footswitch as opposed to this one's momentary. (no audible popping noise like a crybaby)

It's supposed to be but I'm thinking the SP1 has an actual latching-type footswitch as opposed to this one's momentary. (no audible popping noise like a crybaby)
if it is wired correctly it can still work with a momentary switch. this is set up in the I/o menu. to work a sp-1 with the AX-8 you have to connect 2 TRS cables form the pedal to 2 of the A-8 pedal jacks. then you have to set up the calibration and switch type in the I/O menu, in this menu you can choose if the switch is continuous, toggle, or momentary.

if it is wired correctly it can still work with a momentary switch. this is set up in the I/o menu. to work a sp-1 with the AX-8 you have to connect 2 TRS cables form the pedal to 2 of the A-8 pedal jacks. then you have to set up the calibration and switch type in the I/O menu, in this menu you can choose if the switch is continuous, toggle, or momentary.
I was trying to set it up as Latching... I'm so damn DUMB!! :D:D:D

I have the same pedal, it works just fine. It has a nice feel to it. Right about it being momentary. I had a huge problem with mine, but it turned out to be a fidgety trs cable that worked off and on.

I feel dumb for not being able to set up the wah engage properly. For one, the toe switch doesn't feel like a latching switch. I thought I remembered reading quite a few people having this pedal specifically for the toe switch and being more readily available than ordering direct. What am I doing wrong? when I hit the switch, AX8-Edit doesn't show it going to the off position/bypassing it.

I use an external boss latching pedal for a drive pedal while recording. Axe edit does NOT change right away. Just something to remember. I was going nuts and then realized the drive was engaging and dis-engaging. Just didn't see it in edit right away.

Back
Top Bottom