AX8 vs FX8 now which one to buy???

Well it looks like people are getting invites for the AX8 but not for the FX8. Now I'm really scratching my head! Which to buy? I have a wall of beloved tube amps so the FX8 is the logical choice for me. However, showing up to a gig in 16" of snow with an AX8 in one hand and my guitar in the other makes a lot sense compared to multiple trips to the car followed by a backache. My questions are, can I turn off the amp modeling and run the AX8 into my amp for band practice? Are the effects in the AX8 assignable to an effects loop like the FX8?

also you can build presets with an output assigned after effects but before the amp and cab so you could use the same preset regardless of wether you had an amp or not. Also you could send the amp model signal to front of house and just use your amp on stage for yourself.

BTW if you have an amp that you channel switch with and the amp is compatible with the FX8 relays it would be hard to beat that set up. The AX8 can't control your amp.

BTW if you have an amp that you channel switch with and the amp is compatible with the FX8 relays it would be hard to beat that set up. The AX8 can't control your amp.

HUGE point. Unless your amp has midi, you are missing relays. HUGE.

The DSPs used in the Axe-Fx are far too costly and require exotic cooling that is not suitable for a floor application.

The AX-8 covers the needs of 99% of performing guitar players.

What about those cooling units they use in our CPUs these days they have tubes and stuff coming off of them. Mini radiator? They build so many CPUs they should be available reasonable. Just a question. I know nothing of what you do.. .

Back
Top Bottom