AX8 vs FX8 now which one to buy???

I am keeping up with that thread There is 0 set in stone. Only something that they are thinking about. Until that is official we can't say that not all amps will be there. Further more if he ends up going that route but then offers a max option then once again they will all be there

Cliff Never said it won't have all the amps

Correct. He did say it can only run one amp and one cab at a time (Axe-Fx II can run 2 at a time if you want to). No reason to assume it won't have the full arsenal of amps onboard, unless he goes for that 'lite-version' where you pay later for more amps.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...-im-just-going-leave-here-26.html#post1160180

Read that post #505 and then Cliff's response directly following it.

That was the very last comment Cliff made on the whole topic of pricing models (stripped down version at lower price, then sell add-on amp models later).

It almost sounds as if this idea was brought up, debated vigorously, and then in this very post Cliff made his decision NOT to do that.

Of course, I could be full of shit :)

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...-im-just-going-leave-here-26.html#post1160180

Read that post #505 and then Cliff's response directly following it.

That was the very last comment Cliff made on the whole topic of pricing models (stripped down version at lower price, then sell add-on amp models later).

It almost sounds as if this idea was brought up, debated vigorously, and then in this very post Cliff made his decision NOT to do that.

Of course, I could be full of shit :)

It can def be read that way!

FX8 and AX8 serve 2 separate target audiences. The obvious target for FX8 are those with an amplifier who want top notch effects. The AX8 for those who want an all-in-one floor processor solution. I don't think the question of AX8 vs FX8 makes sense.

To me the question makes a ton of sense. I am on the waiting list for FX8 but will probably switch to AX8 as soon as I can get more details of what the AX8 will end up beeing.
If the AX8 can deliver the same flexibility as the FX8 (mostly the same effects and the 4 cable method) then having the option of having amps included makes the unit very flexible.
To me this would be a great amp backup solution. I will be using this with my 100w amp and 4x12 cabs only as an effectunit. But adding a few extra presets with amp/cabs this will be a great backup if my amp fails.

To me the question makes a ton of sense. I am on the waiting list for FX8 but will probably switch to AX8 as soon as I can get more details of what the AX8 will end up beeing.
If the AX8 can deliver the same flexibility as the FX8 (mostly the same effects and the 4 cable method) then having the option of having amps included makes the unit very flexible.
To me this would be a great amp backup solution. I will be using this with my 100w amp and 4x12 cabs only as an effectunit. But adding a few extra presets with amp/cabs this will be a great backup if my amp fails.

I highly doubt it will do 4cm. I am pretty sure that will be one of the major difference between the two. They have to be different enough to make sense to have both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cliff already said AX8 will have an FX loop.

The ultra had an fx loop and sucked for 4cm. There must be difference other than simply having amp sims vs not having amp sims and a small price difference. If that were the only difference then the AX8 must be more expensive since we already know that price of FX8. After all why would someone pay more for FX only

The ultra had an fx loop and sucked for 4cm. There must be difference other than simply having amp sims vs not having amp sims and a small price difference. If that were the only difference then the AX8 must be more expensive since we already know that price of FX8. After all why would someone pay more for FX only

I am sure there will be other differences but the AX8 will be more expensive due to amp/cab addition.
I am really hoping the 4cm will work OK with the AX8. If the AX8 end up with the pay for effects/amps etc then he might as well have one floor product and you can use it buying whatever block you need.

Sucked? Why? 1st I'd heard of that. I had an Ultra, no part of it that I used sucked.. but I never did use 4cm.
I never used 4CM with my ultra either but the forum was filled with posted about issues with 4CM and many said it was unusable that way

I never used 4CM with my ultra either but the forum was filled with posted about issues with 4CM and many said it was unusable that way

Hmm.. well I guess there would be an extra stage of D\A - A\D conversion, maybe it was that or a noisefloor thing..

It wasn't just the ultra, it was the Axe FX II as well. I had one and it sucked in 4cm. I think the FX8 was designed specifically to address that.

It wasn't just the ultra, it was the Axe FX II as well. I had one and it sucked in 4cm. I think the FX8 was designed specifically to address that.

I was pretty sure it was the II too, I just was not as confident with that info as I was about the Ultra lol

But we don't yet know for sure if the AX8 includes the same 4cm 'fix' as the FX8 (whatever it is).

You are right but as most things have been around here last few days (speculation) I bet being ideal for 4cm is possibly be one of the things that separates the AX from the FX

Back
Top Bottom