AX8 vs Axe-Fx III - 8 amps compared

Gorgeous comparison! This is the first time I hear a clear difference between the two units. Axe III is more lively, dynamic and punchy and I think this also influences your facial expressions while you play :D

And thanks for the video

Gorgeous comparison! This is the first time I hear a clear difference between the two units. Axe III is more lively, dynamic and punchy and I think this also influences your facial expressions while you play :D

And thanks for the video
for me both units sound good,i can be very happy with the AX8

P.S cool video Leon.

Both sound great. I bet either one on stage with volume cranked will sound equally as good. Nice comparison.

Side question: Can the AX8 midi control the AXE III for footswitches, etc. Haven't looked it up or going to try ;) , just curious.

great vid! I think the AF3 sounds has more clarity and depth, but the AX8 still sounds great in comparison.

Fractal vs Fractal! Love it!

Real cool vid. For raw tone, this was a great comparison. Shows the better tone “out of the box” for the III with all the settings in both units the same. Pretty subtle to me. I feel like it wouldn’t take much tweaking on the AX8 to reduce that gap for the raw tone. Of course, tweaking the III would change things too. Could turn into an epic battle pretty quick!

Both sound great. I bet either one on stage with volume cranked will sound equally as good. Nice comparison.

Side question: Can the AX8 midi control the AXE III for footswitches, etc. Haven't looked it up or going to try ;) , just curious.

It can only send midi PC messages meaning you can change presets but not much else.

Great vid Leon @2112. In the video I heard only a slight difference in the Plexi but listening on computer speakers may not have revealed the true subtle differences. How did they sound to you in the room?

The non-MV amps definitely had the most difference. Both felt amazing in their own right but the III just feels so solid; it's so easy to get it to sound like a great amp mic'd up in a great studio by an excellent engineer. Happy days.

Thank you Leon, this is a great example of just how small the differences is in a recorded amp tones are, feel cant be recorded so i take that out of the equation.

I still cant see for my workflow a must have feature to justify the upgrade.

I'm probably deaf, because I can't hear any difference
I think that Cliff have done his job so so good that it's almost impossible to perceive the difference. At least with my modest ears. Maybe in the room you can tell the difference.
By the way great video Leon!!!

Wow, thanks for that Leon. Through my headphones I think I heard a little more bottom end from one to the other on one model, and a little less gain between one and the other on a another model, maybe a little difference between the "graininess". I not sure you wouldn't have differences like that between identical models of the same real amps. Obviously the III is state of the art for all categories but I think this shows that the AX8 more than holds it own in the tone category. Very nice comparison.

I'm probably deaf, because I can't hear any difference
I think that Cliff have done his job so so good that it's almost impossible to perceive the difference. At least with my modest ears. Maybe in the room you can tell the difference.
By the way great video Leon!!!
Neither I.

Back
Top Bottom