AX8 Volume pedal Help

Djordje

Hi there, Im pretty much new on the forum, and have the AX8 for about half year now.

I have problem though for almost all that time with the ajusting the volume pedal right. I have Boss FV 500H, and cannot calibrate the pedal...I mean, it calibrates, not from 0-100 (but as I read its not supposed to go all the way up to 100, so theres ethg ok) but when I try to use it after a calibration, it feels like it uses a half or even third of its movement, not the whole range...and it feels like it is almost turn on/off function, not the beautifull swell as it should be...not to mention that it muffs the sound as I turn the volume down... Also have Mission EP1 - KP, using it for wah on the ext 1, but when I try to use it on ext 2 for volume, calibrate it, same shit happens! Have I got the wrong pedals for this unit, or what...? Are the only pedals I can use properly with this unit Fractal EV-1 and EV-2, or theres some standards that will do the job as well...?

Yup...tried even to switch Tip and ring wiring on the jack itself, but no sucess there either...
the problems you described sound like the typical "cable doesn't work properly."

try a different TRS cable. not sure why you modified the pedal...

the problems you described sound like the typical "cable doesn't work properly."

try a different TRS cable. not sure why you modified the pedal...
...didnt modify the pedal, just the cable...one of two existing, and, no, cables are just ok, unfortunately.

...didnt modify the pedal, just the cable...one of two existing, and, no, cables are just ok, unfortunately.
if all the different pedals act the same way with the same cables, and other people use the same pedals successfully, chances are it's the cables.

if all the different pedals act the same way with the same cables, and other people use the same pedals successfully, chances are it's the cables.

You have point there, but I've found videos on YT and discussions on forums with the people having the same problem as mine, with this same exact pedal...so its not only me, or the cables, since the cables work well with the mission on wah function...

You have point there, but I've found videos on YT and discussions on forums with the people having the same problem as mine, with this same exact pedal...so its not only me, or the cables, since the cables work well with the mission on wah function...
is the Pedal setup as Continuous in the Setup > I/O > Pedal menu? make sure it's not Momentary or Latching.

I'm using the same pedal without any problems. TRS cable connected to the EXP jack and pot at least half way open. On AX8 ext1 assigned to the main volume as continuous. Works fine.

Mission EP1-KP is for Kemper, Pedal Potentiometer is 10 kOhm Linear. I do not know if the potentiometer is right for AX8. Have you randomly assigned the wah and volume to the same pedal ?

The 500H is a high impedance volume pedal - probably 500k. Most expression pedals are no more than 100k. The 500L would work fine.

The 500H is a high impedance volume pedal - probably 500k. Most expression pedals are no more than 100k. The 500L would work fine.

Both the 500L and 500H have a separate expression output which is not connected to the audio ins/outs so the expression output should have a reasonable value that the AX8 should work with. I have the 500L and have no issues using the expression output to connect to the AX8.

Both the 500L and 500H have a separate expression output which is not connected to the audio ins/outs so the expression output should have a reasonable value that the AX8 should work with. I have the 500L and have no issues using the expression output to connect to the AX8.

Ah. I didn't realize that. I've got a couple 500Ls.

I guess it's time to pull out a multimeter and measure what he's getting from that connection then.

Ah. I didn't realize that. I've got a couple 500Ls.

I guess it's time to pull out a multimeter and measure what he's getting from that connection then.
Hi there, Im pretty much new on the forum, and have the AX8 for about half year now.

I have problem though for almost all that time with the ajusting the volume pedal right. I have Boss FV 500H, and cannot calibrate the pedal...I mean, it calibrates, not from 0-100 (but as I read its not supposed to go all the way up to 100, so theres ethg ok) but when I try to use it after a calibration, it feels like it uses a half or even third of its movement, not the whole range...and it feels like it is almost turn on/off function, not the beautifull swell as it should be...not to mention that it muffs the sound as I turn the volume down... Also have Mission EP1 - KP, using it for wah on the ext 1, but when I try to use it on ext 2 for volume, calibrate it, same shit happens! Have I got the wrong pedals for this unit, or what...? Are the only pedals I can use properly with this unit Fractal EV-1 and EV-2, or theres some standards that will do the job as well...?

Hi Djordje,
I believe we know each other from the triaxis yahoo group. Anyway, I have the same pedal and not the trouble. Does the problem also occur in other presets where you manipulata an other effect? Is the effect set up correctly? I mean, you can see the “ball” going up and down the line on the graphic in the screen?

Harm

Hey mates,

Im not home for some time, and will not be for some more.. :) as soon as I get to my Fractal, I'll continue conversation here, since I have no eye on the item right now... Sorry for delay, and thanks for reply and help to everyone!

Djordje

Back
Top Bottom