Bug? AX8 Volume Glitching on and off

Sam Oxley

Yesterday and today I've been experiencing some problems with the audio, I'll try decribe best I can.
I've also taken some videos of it which are attached for you to listen to.

The sound will drastically drop in volume, glitching back and forth between full volume and very quiet. I've narrowed it down to the ax8 through using different cables from guitar to ax8 and from ax8 to either cab or interface to logic.
It isnt the matrix audio cabinet because ive plugged the ax8 into my interface through the studio monitors and the same problem happens with the output. Ive also tried different patches on the ax8 to see if it was that, but it happened on any patches.
Sometimes it will glitch quickly on and off, like a dodgy cable would do but other times it will stay quiet for much longer, 10/20 seconds. It picks up the signal from the guitar as shown on the instrument lights and on the tuner.
Any idea on what this could be?

When this happens, try touching the OUT knob lightly, and see what happens.

So I've set the output 2 echo to output 1, and it seems like its not glitching, so maybe its a problem with the output 1?

Narrowed down even more, the volume is completely normal through the output 2 echo set to output 1. And now it seems the volume is continuously low through output 1, whether its through the xlr output or 1/4inch jack ouput?

I have factory reset the ax8, and reinstalled the amps etc, and its still there, so I dont think its a bug.

Wow, I just had that same exact thing happen to me yesterday. I even unplugged the USB and changed cables. Same result. Then all of a sudden it works again.

Back
Top Bottom