AX8 V9.02 Released!

Well, after a some disappointing results with 9.01beta the is gone well!
Still don't understand why there is such a huge difference in the gain structure... but after several hours of tweaking the sound if finally there :)
No bugs, no switching problems, all is fine!
Thanks a lot FAS team! ;)

Well, after a some disappointing results with 9.01beta the is gone well!
Still don't understand why there is such a huge difference in the gain structure... but after several hours of tweaking the sound if finally there :)
No bugs, no switching problems, all is fine!
Thanks a lot FAS team! ;)

Good to hear!! My Cameron models I use really got downgraded with the upgrade unfortunately . . Some I've been able to get back , and others I'm still spending time on. . Some of the others I've played with since the upgrade have been just FANTASTIC.. . I'm bummed about the Camerons but I'll get them where I like them again I'm sure. Eric

is there a big change in tone I really don't wanna have to retreat all my patches. what are you guys noticing on the upgrade? I use freedman's mostly but some Cameron's. I also have a lot of yeks presets will they all need to be retweeked?

I guess I'm a picky bastard LOL
Nah, it's just that you know what you want and perceive the changes. That's how these firmware changes go, and as you said, you can keep the old firmware (which has always given good results from the very start) or change to the new and tweak things.
I know I don't patch the AX8 every time, just now and then.

is there a big change in tone I really don't wanna have to retreat all my patches. what are you guys noticing on the upgrade? I use freedman's mostly but some Cameron's. I also have a lot of yeks presets will they all need to be retweeked?

It appears no one else really wanted to commit to specifically answering these questions probably because we all have different needs/wants.. . I used 2 Cameron patches as my main patches for all my gigs. I play through a Tube Power amp and guitar speakers. We play relatively loud rock music. . My Cameron programs were no longer useable for me after the updates, and I would not have wanted to use them at my next gigs. I've now re-written/retweaked and things sound killer. Because the modeling must've been 'so different' on them I don't know specifically what was changed, so I just go by ear when re-writing something. What I've found with the new update(s) (I did a few in 1) is many of the hi-gain amps sound great now and are easy to dial in but they don't sound hugely different from each other. There were many more variances in the hi-gain amps previously. This is not a bad thing to me as I've found my sound using Splawns, Engls, Camerons, JVM's etc similar to real life. .I dial in almost every amp to sound like 'me' when it's tube amps and I'm finding it easier on here to do now for me.. I haven't messed with the lo-gain or mid-gain amps too much since the upgrades, but all the ones I tried from scratch sound really good. .. . . . .. . The moral of the story.. hmmm. . I think Smittefar had some good advice when he said there are so many good sounding amps now that if you have to tweak one a lot to make it 'yours' , don't even worry about it, move on to the next one! I like that advice, and it was very easy for me to find others that kick ass and maybe even better than my previous Cameron patches. phew.. . . Have fun

Eric

Back
Top Bottom