AX8 V9.01 Public Beta

I can't believe they can improve on the current firmware. This company's commitment to excellence is unparalleled. Can't wait to get time to try it out. Thanks FAS.

I've found a very small bug on 9.01. If I go to settings > general and then hold the fswitch assigned to delay on my unit (to load the Y instance), the delay settings populate the global settings screen. See the video below:

It's only me or there is an overall change in the gain structure???
I found that with 9.01 it's more tight yes, but gain structure is less real, more synth :(
Just passed a couple of hours noodling around and come back to 8.02!
For my ears it's more organic and realistic! I compare it to my Mesa Mark V:25 connected to Torpedo Live with the same IR.
With 8.02 I arrive to get the same sound and with 9.01 it's really synthetic comparing to Mark V :(
Any suggestions to tweak existing presets?

Just to say, cheers on this update.
I had a few presets that every once in a while would have the overload and click out the reverbfor too much cpu. I was always right on the line. With that 2-3% cpu improvement I have not seen any overloads since.
Gracias....
:)

9,01 sound really good.
Two strange things though:
1.Marshall 1987 treble sounds muddier than 1987 jump. How come ?
2. The speaker compression defaults to zero on several of the amps. I´ve read that it should default to 3. I´m not saying that it´s bad or something. I´m just a little surprised. .

It's only me or there is an overall change in the gain structure???
I found that with 9.01 it's more tight yes, but gain structure is less real, more synth :(
Just passed a couple of hours noodling around and come back to 8.02!
For my ears it's more organic and realistic! I compare it to my Mesa Mark V:25 connected to Torpedo Live with the same IR.
With 8.02 I arrive to get the same sound and with 9.01 it's really synthetic comparing to Mark V :(
Any suggestions to tweak existing presets?

Which amp models are you using in your programs, or are you saying every single amp model is affected that way? Also have you tried them without ir's to see if it's the amp model and not the ir? Eric

9,01 sound really good.
Two strange things though:
1.Marshall 1987 treble sounds muddier than 1987 jump. How come ?
2. The speaker compression defaults to zero on several of the amps. I´ve read that it should default to 3. I´m not saying that it´s bad or something. I´m just a little surprised. .
Speaker comp stays at zero unless you reset the amp, then it defaults at 3

Back
Top Bottom