AX8 V8.02 Public Beta

There is also a new feature in the multi delay block. And more cabinets were added in the previous firmware.

Most betas work great, and I like to experiment with them, but when I am on a tight gigging schedule, I won't. I have too many presets to test. I am less reluctant to update to a final release, although that also requires a quick run through of all the gigging presets.

Reactions: Ole
Cliff always mixes his own. It did get me to check out the Celestion V30 pack I bought a while ago and that led me to buying a couple others. They are really a lot flatter with more subtle and usable variations but a lot brighter than most other brands. I might finally have to get cab lab and start mixing on my own.

Also for what it's worth I generally find the stock cabs to be too dark or have too much of a filtered sound for my tastes. Most aftermarket stuff has options I find to be better just different flavors.

I bought quite a few of the Celestion IRs when they first came out and had a major discount for full speaker packs. The custom mixes are actually quite different in comparison (custom mixes have more going on in the bottom and lower mids that I like). Given this firmware's shift towards brighter sounds (compared to 8.00b) I gravitated towards the new cabs immediately.

First gig with the new firmware in a few hours, looking forward to it.

Those saying this FW is brighter than 8.0, how would u compare it to 7.2?

I should qualify my remarks, since these are mostly in the context of trying AX-8 converted versions of the new presets. So I both have the new firmware and new presets, so I can't discern the relative contributions of each.

Philo

Updated today, I can definitely hear the increased brightness in the amp block. I had to time a little high end with the GEQ on my main Boogie preset, as it made a tad overly bright, but it's been more subtle for some of my other presets (5153, AC30, BE etc). Looking forward to playing with the new cabs more :)

Here's a quick hit with the Plexi 6550 and the Celestion CB's.

Last edited:
Does anyone else here share the opinion that the last Celestion IR in the list is fucking amazing?
YES ... YES ... YES.

I just changed the CAB on all my patches to this one for my tribute band. I suspect I might get a bit of push back from the band as it is a bit dirtier that what I have been using. (they also might get a bit of "suck it up biatches ... " in return). It is very nice. (sorry for yelling at the start of my post, I was just a bit excited) :D

Back
Top Bottom