AX8 V8.02 Public Beta

J

joe rogers

Now available for immediate download, AX8 Quantum v8.02 Public Beta. Please note, that this is BETA firmware, and as such, may contain bugs or other unforeseen consequences. Please, as always, backup your AX8 with Fractal-Bot before proceeding with this upgrade.

AX8 V8.02 Public Beta

Release Notes:

AX8 V8.02 implements the new Amp Modeling improvements and fixes introduced by the Axe-FX Quantum 8.01 & Quantum 8.02, as well as 5 new cabinets. These custom mixes represent a small sample of the world-class IRs now available from Celestion. The full IR packages can be purchased at their new website: www.celestionplus.com

Additions:
  • Added (at Kirk Hammett’s request) modifier capability to the output compression parameter (“COMP”) in the Amp block (previously named “OUTPUT COMP”).
  • Added five new factory cabs. These custom mixes represent a small sample of the world-class IRs now available from Celestion. The full IR packages can be purchased at their new website: www.celestionplus.com
  • All types in the Compressor block now support both Filter and Emph parameters. These parameters control the detector filtering. Filter is a low-cut filter and Emph is a high-frequency emphasis. These parameters can be used to tailor the response of the various compressor types to different material.
Fixes:
  • Fixed bug where presets that use a User Cab(s) and were saved under earlier firmware versions might have the incorrect User Cab(s) assigned when recalled on later firmware.
  • Fixed minor bug in Amp block output transformer modeling which caused slight attenuation of upper treble frequencies. This results in clearer, more chimey tones.
  • Fixed mistake in “Citrus RV50” amp model.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I'm really looking forward to trying the new cabs. I was planning to buy some of those Celestion cab packs and this will give me an opportunity to try a few first.

Hey FAS,

Thanks for an awesome product and for your outstanding commitment to customer support and service. The AX8 is just a brilliant piece of gear and I love it along the FW updates. I mostly play at church on Sundays and Ive received many comments about how my guitar tone sounds incredible! Really looking forward to trying out this latest FW update! Thanks again guys!

Welcome back Joe! Got inspired during your vacation clearly :D
FAS rulez, as always... Let's keep living on beta for a while!

Looking forward to trying the new cabinets. I bought a Celestion V30 pack a couple weeks ago and wasn't thrilled but interested to hear other varieties.

Was all juiced up to upgrader to 8 today and tweak patches before a show this coming friday. Decision time. I'm still on 6 but the reviews of 8.01 have been that good, I am very tempted to load this beta. Not to mention the Celestion IRs that I have been eyeing off for the last month or two.

Back
Top Bottom