AX8 V8.00 Public Beta

What is your CPU usage? Are you sure it's not just being disabled because your CPU usage is too high? I like to keep my presets below 85% CPU.
no, all my presets were working fine before. I just have the selection drop list disabled inside the reverb block.

I explained a few posts ago, the reverb works on my presets but the type of reverb selection drop list is disabled.
I tried to remove the block, put a new one. Same...
Can you select reverb type from the front panel?

Check your global settings. Mine have tripped me up before.

If that doesn't do it, build a basic amp&scab preset from scratch. Still have the same issue?
Thanx indeed Rex. Will try that tomorrow night. Just wondering that I am not the only one..

I am new to the AX8. This is my first time installing a beta firmware. First thing I noticed after applying the firmware was a huge volume drop on the last preset I was on -- Brit 800. I switched to the EJ Clean Preset. I noticed that when I switched off the Compressor block it got slightly better but still didn't sound right. I did a "Refresh after new FW" in AX8-Edit. That didn't do anything. I tried switching the amp type from Vibrato Verb to something else and back. That didn't do anything either. Then I noticed the posting on doing a Control-I on the Dynamics page for the amp. Magically it sounds better. So now I'm wondering if every preset is messed up in the same way.

Gigged this last night, performed admirably. The Shimmer Drive in front of a mildly overdriven C++ slayed!

My first gig with q8 today. I was a little hesitant going in with beta software, but it preformed flawlessly.

Interesting, I also prefered the sound of my hollowbody guitar today too, but that could be the pickup adjustment more than new firmware.

After a year I'm still in awe at all this little black box can do. It's made my gigging life much easier. Thanks team fas!

My first gig with q8 today. I was a little hesitant going in with beta software, but it preformed flawlessly.

Interesting, I also prefered the sound of my hollowbody guitar today too, but that could be the pickup adjustment more than new firmware.

After a year I'm still in awe at all this little black box can do. It's made my gigging life much easier. Thanks team fas!
I've got a gig this coming Saturday. Kind of hoping the new firmware will drop before then. Never gigged a beta firmware before either. Glad your gig went well.

Because it's not ready.

Just gotta read the last few pages of this thread to realize that.
I read it but all i got was "everybody's happy with the beta". Where did you read an official statement about the official release not being ready? Did you just assume that by it not having been released yet it means it's not ready? Of course that did occur to me, and i was expecting some levity, maybe a "Soon!" response from someone at FAS, but not a reply from Captain Obvious himself! Thanks for your response, way to keep our post counts growing!

(I'll try again)
@joe rogers @Admin M@ @FractalAudio Why isn't the official AX8 V8.00 fw ready for release yet? What about an AX8 V8.01 official (currently available for the Axe FX)? Should we expect an AX8 V8.01 beta first? Are we gonna go straight to AX8 V8.02 beta (ahead of the AXII)?

As an owner of an XL and an AX8 i like to keep them updated to similar FW versions because i always create my presets from scratch but i use saved blocks on the editors to speed up the process and maintain the same approximate tones between the two units. It would be disappointing to me to have one unit sounding better than the other. So far i've been successful and satisfied but at the expense of staying at FW 7.01 on both units. I don't like to install beta firmware, i think wouldn't be able to differentiate between a bug or if i'm doing something wrong. I like to use the official firmware, the one good enough to be installed on brand new units and shipped out with a warranty! And when both AX8 and Axe FX II are on the same firmware, that's when you can really appreciate the power of the "little AX8". I expect that one day the capabilities of both would cease to be somewhat similar as they are now due to hardware and processing power differences. But until that point is reached it would be better to keep both units on par, firmware-wise, so as not to make one feel inferior to the other.

Back
Top Bottom