AX8 V7.02 Public Beta

That would be the only option. Or, on the Axe-Fx, use two different Amp blocks and routings. One direct and one to PS.

Thanks, I am coming to the same conclusion. I do have an Axe FX as well but I prefer the convenience of the AX8. I think I will make some 'duplicate' patches, a set for direct and a set optimised for the Power Station.

This seems like a long beta. Maybe Cliff is working on 8 and they are holding off on an official release so they can go straight to eight! 8 will be awesome I bet. More awesomer than 7, but these go to 11

I do realize I should have caught this right away...Getting old (er)So I posted earlier about the loss of volume in some presets. So the dynamics page in amp block got me. Now to reworking......

Last edited:
I do realize I should have caught this right away...Getting old (er)So I posted earlier about the loss of volume in some presets. So the dynamics page in amp block got me. Now to reworking......

gramPa used to say " tough to get old , .... tougher NOT to."

Any timeline on the official release other than soon? Or possibly some exciting news to feed our hungry souls?

Any changes anticipated from beta to production? So far so good over here, I'd probably be too lazy to upgrade to the real deal.

Having some trouble with the pitch block, and before I report it as a potential bug, I wanted to check here. I'm using my knock-around guitar - a Roland VG MIM Strat (basically a MIM Fender with Roland electronics), straight into my AX8. Here's the steps:

1. Open a blank preset and create shunts from input to output
2. Add an amp
3. Add a cab after the amp
4. Add a pitch block after the cab
5. Set the pitch block to detune; voice two off, voice 1 = -6cts, panned all the way right. Set the mix to 100% and balance to 100% right. Basically, you should only hear the detuned note, and only from the right channel. Input can be set to mono or stereo.
6. Play.

Sound cuts in and out for me. Seems to be 'somewhat' related to how hard the signal hits the pitch block. If I hit notes or chords lightly, I hear nothing. Hitting them harder results in some sound abruptly cutting in and out. Seems to happen with the sub oct as well. Both Whammys seem to work properly.

My first thought was the input filter. Set it to -100db...essentially off, no difference.

I replaced the cab with a shunt. Now no sound at all.

Obviously I don't use this setup on it's own. I was having this problem with a more complex preset and narrowed it down to the above. CPU utilization is in the 10-20% range.

I can NOT replicate this behavior on my XL+, same cords and guitar. XL+ seems to react as expected.

Is this a bug, or am I the only one who can reproduce it?

RR

Last edited:
Having some trouble with the pitch block, and before I report it as a potential bug, I wanted to check here. I'm using my knock-around guitar - a Roland VG MIM Strat (basically a MIM Fender with Roland electronics), straight into my AX8. Here's the steps:

1. Open a blank preset and create shunts from input to output
2. Add an amp
3. Add a cab after the amp
4. Add a pitch block after the cab
5. Set the pitch block to detune; voice two off, voice 1 = -6cts, panned all the way right. Set the mix to 100% and balance to 100% right. Basically, you should only hear the detuned note, and only from the right channel. Input can be set to mono or stereo.
6. Play.

Sound cuts in and out for me. Seems to be 'somewhat' related to how hard the signal hits the pitch block. If I hit notes or chords lightly, I hear nothing. Hitting them harder results in some sound abruptly cutting in and out. Seems to happen with the sub oct as well. Both Whammys seem to work properly.

My first thought was the input filter. Set it to -100db...essentially off, no difference.

I replaced the cab with a shunt. Now no sound at all.

Obviously I don't use this setup on it's own. I was having this problem with a more complex preset and narrowed it down to the above. CPU utilization is in the 10-20% range.

I can NOT replicate this behavior on my XL+, same cords and guitar. XL+ seems to react as expected.

Is this a bug, or am I the only one who can reproduce it?

RR
If you set the balance to 98% right, does the sound come back?

Back
Top Bottom