AX8 V7.02 Public Beta

Sooooo jealous right now. I miss skiing Alta and Snowbird! Rock on! ;)
It's supposed to be dumping tomorrow... Sunday powday! :)

I wonder if 7.02 includes weather/cold protection as a hidden easter egg. We usually play outdoors, I'm hoping they move us inside...

So, they really managed to put Motor Drive into the AX8...
9.gif

(Never lost my faith in FAS Engineering team, you guys Rock!!!)

Awesome!

It is recommended to use the simulation in the Amp block when using an FRFR configuration as the Amp block simulation uses the speaker resonance information in the calculations.

If I understand correctly, the motor drive should be used with FRFR but not when using a guitar cab? As it's implemented in the amp block, is there any way to turn it on only for the FX out and off for the main out (for when using a cab & direct setup)?

If it seems to good to be true, but actually delivers: it must be an FAS firmware update.

The motor drive and related enhancements are one more cherry on top.

Very cool. Gives notes and chord transients a nice, for the lack of a better term, "twack". Reminds me of Eddie's early sounds.

Curious? Anyone else get a volume drop across the board? I mean all presets after updating to new FW beta? Well I reloaded 701 again and volume is back to normal. Maybe my error....Just staying at 701 for now.

Motor Drive in the AX8!?!?!?

:tongueclosed:

This is song is to all those at FAS:
"You got the touch....You got the power....Yeah!!!!!"

Motor drive sounds great. A global on/off control for motor drive and speaker drive would be a welcome addition for those of us that switch between FRFR, to save duplicating presets.

Here it is in action!

How would you describe Motor Drive's effect? I couldn't hear any difference in video. How it is different from the Output Comp in amp block?

Back
Top Bottom