AX8 V7.02 Public Beta

Curious about the input diffusion parameter for delays. What is it and how is it used?

The Plex types previously only had a cross-delay diffusion (you can see what that means via the diagram in the Axe-Fx manual). They now have a diffusor on the input of the block as well, which acts more like the diffusion in the regular Delay block. It will blur the repeats and gives you the ability to use the MTD more like a reverb.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/multi-delay-input-diffusion-demo.126222/

How would you describe Motor Drive's effect? I couldn't hear any difference in video. How it is different from the Output Comp in amp block?
As some other posts have addressed it adds a subtle thud behind notes that responds well to your pick attack. I'd definitely recommend playing with it to see if you can notice the difference from a real time feel perspective.

Speaker Drive is definitely tearing the speaker up in the AC15TB when you crank it. Remember, it is dependent on the master volume. At low master volumes, it won't do much if anything. The original AC15s didn't have MV, although we don't know what's been modeled. Either way, dime your MV and then crank up Speaker Drive, and you'll hear it.
This might be it, I was going for a clean sound, so although the MV was cranked, I had input drive down around 1.

It's subtle but cool, I've just put a looper at the front of a preset aping Steve Stevens Friedman sound - I saw him in London on Wednesday, superb tone, anyway,

After a quick play with it I'd say it's certainly another useful tool to help fine tune patches

So all the amps were lifeless prior to the release of the motor drive?
No. The amps had plenty of life before Motor Drive. Without a lively Amp to begin with, Motor Drive wouldn't be able to do much for you.

Last edited:
do you think we'll ever have the reverb with shimmer?? I used to use on the axe fx II a present with it but cant find anything like it on the ax8, play a lot of worhip music and that would be awesome to have without getting an external reverb.

You can hear it in action here, with the megatap block. It smooths out/blurry the attack of the delays

I don't have a megatap or a Time Alpha option on my AX8. Did I miss something?

But I did just download the Motor Drive for the Amp Block.....this is a great new secret sauce..... I push it from 6 to 9 and loving it so far.

Yes ; I put the video here because the effect of the input diffusion is the same in the Delay and Multidelay blocks

Gave 7.02 beta my first run at practice last night. Sounded great. I didn't get a chance to mess with motor drive as we were working on new songs and got right down to business but it sounded great.

I installed this new beta today and I'm blown away by motordrive. It is absolutely spectacular! It's sounds best around 5. It's just like an entire signal chain going through an expensive mixing console! It gives you that polish recorded tone! And it really add magic in the low end. Before, I was engaging the bass cut on all amps to get rid of some flubiness. Not anymore, I now get that tight yet powerfull bass response. Truly amazing. And it seems to help to cut thought the mix like a charm. Kind of like a SSL compressor that glue a mix together. I don't know about motordrive use for live use as I'm only a recording guitarist, but it's for sure a major new feature. Looking back, Quantum 7 has bring so much improvment it could easily had been an Axe fx 3. And it's FREE!!!

Someone was taking to me about the Kemper the other day as a potential future purchase and I just had to say look at fractal!!...., constant updates and pristine effects. I said it's the best guitar equipment I've ever bought. If nothing else I believe he will give it a look now and if I get the chance I'll let him try my axe 2 or AX8. And this motor drive just adds more mojo..aren't we lucky!!

Back
Top Bottom