AX8 V7.02 Public Beta

Awesome!

If I understand correctly, the motor drive should be used with FRFR but not when using a guitar cab? As it's implemented in the amp block, is there any way to turn it on only for the FX out and off for the main out (for when using a cab & direct setup)?

I have the same questions. Anybody?

Motor drive makes all the difference!!! Really brings life to all amps!! THANK YOU FAS TEAM!!!

The answer is you'll need to use an Axe-Fx II if you want to use motor drive while also using a real cab on stage. On the Axe-Fx II, use motor drive in the Cab block for that scenario.

A little tip for dialing in the motor drive, as a lot of people seem to be unsure what to do. It can be a good idea to adopt the same idea as one might do with a (studio) compressor. Exaggerate the compression wildly in the beginning. Dial in 10-15 dB of gain reduction, and then play with the time constant to see how that changes the effect. Shorter time constants should give you more punch and aggression while longer time constants provide smoothness. When you find the time constant that does what you like, reduce the gain reduction to more sensible levels of 3-6 dB (or whatever your ear tells you).

With any kind of compression, it can be a good idea to really overdo it, while you listen for how it really works.

Curious? Anyone else get a volume drop across the board? I mean all presets after updating to new FW beta? Well I reloaded 701 again and volume is back to normal. Maybe my error....Just staying at 701 for now.
Yes, I noticed this also.

noticed a few presets I had added the new optical compressors to had switched the input from line to instrument (had them after the amp)

One preset using plex multidelay had input diffusion and time set to 100%

Only took a sec to fix but seemed odd

I don't know, if this is new, but with the Class A 15W TB, the speaker drive has absolutely no effect. There is no sound difference between settings of 0 to 10. I checked that speaker drive works with other amp models (checked the Brit JM45 jump)

I don't know, if this is new, but with the Class A 15W TB, the speaker drive has absolutely no effect. There is no sound difference between settings of 0 to 10. I checked that speaker drive works with other amp models (checked the Brit JM45 jump)

Works fine here.

Strange, motor drive works as advertised, but I hear no difference when adjusting the speaker drive. I have shut down for tonight, but I will test more tomorrow.

Strange, motor drive works as advertised, but I hear no difference when adjusting the speaker drive. I have shut down for tonight, but I will test more tomorrow.

Speaker Drive is definitely tearing the speaker up in the AC15TB when you crank it. Remember, it is dependent on the master volume. At low master volumes, it won't do much if anything. The original AC15s didn't have MV, although we don't know what's been modeled. Either way, dime your MV and then crank up Speaker Drive, and you'll hear it.

Gigged 7.02 beta last night. I had a guitarist friend sit in for a few songs, so I went out in the crowd and listened. The sound was beautiful. Tight and punchy. Very in your face kind of sound. Happy camper here!

Back
Top Bottom