AX8 V7.01 Released

Simply download the file, from the OP in this thread and run Fractal Bot once more. I don't know if it helps, but it should not hurt.

Dumb question, first firmware update.

How do I do this.... I open it, and it automatically opens with AX Edit saying, "Another instance of AX Edit was trying to start. Only one instance can execute at a time"

Dumb question, first firmware update.

How do I do this.... I open it, and it automatically opens with AX Edit saying, "Another instance of AX Edit was trying to start. Only one instance can execute at a time"

Firmware updates are done through Fractal-Bot. And since it's a .syx (MIDI System Exclusive) file, there's not generally a way to double click it and have it open in exactly the correct program. Open Fractal-Bot, select your device, and then select the update file.

Firmware updates are done through Fractal-Bot. And since it's a .syx (MIDI System Exclusive) file, there's not generally a way to double click it and have it open in exactly the correct program. Open Fractal-Bot, select your device, and then select the update file.
Thank you!

Also, is anyone using Fractool having any issues converting FXII to AX8 since the update?

On the last couple of updates I did Fractal Bot even downloaded the file so no need to drag and drop. Nice. I suppose the Bot was updated, but I don't remember so this was a nice surprise).

At rehearsal last night, I cranked up the new Motor Drive on the two guitarists' Amp blocks. Blues Jr and DC30. Goooood graaavy it has a specialness to it. The Blues Jr was extremely tasty, hands-down best I've heard out of that model, and we were using the factory cab. Can't wait till 7.02 hits the AX8.

I just want the new MTD Input Diffusion so I can start programming plex verb sounds at home!

Has a beta for 7.02 even been announced as a possibility for the ax8?

Nothing at all AFAIK... I guess since Cliff said that he will tell the engineers @ FAS to *TRY* to fit the Motor Drive parameter into the AX8, people are assuming there will be a 7.02.

If I remember correctly, there was a Rev 6.03 for the AF2 but we AX8 people stayed with 6.02 as the Rev 6.03 only adressed stuff concerning the AF2's architecture...

I'm holding out for the new output comp and diffusion even if it means motor drive has to be amp block only. otoh I can't help but wonder if the buffer in release means engineers are on the verge of a paradigm shift vis-à-vis performance.

I just plugged this update into the Ax8, fired it up and it sounded beyond incredible.
Firmware has reached God-Tier level.
The depth of sound and complexity is astounding.

Thank you guys for all the killer work that you do! FAS makes my job THAT much more enjoyable!! Downloading Now!

P.S. I have been waiting for y'all to add an optical type compressor for awhile now, so double thank you for that!

Back
Top Bottom