AX8 V7.01 Released

Usually not unless the algorithms and amp defaults were tweaked between a beta and final. In this case, the release notes don't mention needing to do it.

You don't need to do it for the final release, but you will probably have to do it again in the future, when another amp modelling update is released.

Thanks all. Will keep this in mind. I checked a couple presets with a reset and didn't notice a difference, but it wasn't clear in my head until now.

WOW!

I upgraded from Quantum 6 to 7.01 today, retweaked my presets and went to band rehearsal. I have to admit I normally don't hear much difference between firmwares (not the golden ears type I guess...). But this time, the difference was quite noticeable, especially on the overdriven sounds. Chunky, I like it!

I put the Shimmer Drive in front of the Friedman Small Box to push it ...................what'd ya think happened?

Can I see if the amp that is currently loaded uses the new firmware ?

Just a WAG... If you mean, "Can I see if the amp that is currently loaded uses the new defaults?", I believe the short answer is no. But you could check the Speaker Drive to see if it is set to 0.5.

Hope this helps.

When can we expect the new firmware factory preset pack to be released ?

Actually, if you were in Fractal's shoes, you would probably do this as soon as you could. 7.02 sounds great (thanks Fractal!), but the existing presets don't do it justice. I am sure they don't want to confuse new customers who are going to get their first impression of the unit from those.

Actually, if you were in Fractal's shoes, you would probably do this as soon as you could. 7.02 sounds great (thanks Fractal!), but the existing presets don't do it justice. I am sure they don't want to confuse new customers who are going to get their first impression of the unit from those.

In my humble opinion i would hire forum member Fremen to redo all the factory presets, you would have every single customer happy with factory presets.

The more I play with FW Q7.01 the more amazed I get! Man....I just can't stop playing this think! Awesome job Fractal team @!@!@

Played for a good long time last night, especially on the AC-20 12AX7T amp. Thanks to the @yek guide, I was reminded the stock amp only has a cut knob, so dialing the presence DOWN added some clarity for my humbucker guitars. That's all the adjustment I needed. Sounded outstanding with the OH Deluxe Reverb V30.

It's crazy how close the Fractal gets to good YouTube demos of amps. The AC-20 was very similar to the demos, but then I found a great 2204 video and man the Fractal just absolutely nailed that as well. Boy, the only thing it was missing (now that I was hearing it) was that speaker motor drive to add some thump to the notes. The rest of it was just there.

HELP!!!!!

Recently updated my AX8 to 7.01. I mainly use one bank of presets the I gig. Preset 1 is my main Fender tone that I go back to frequently. In every Preset, foot switch 5 is set to P1. I hit that to back to my main tone a lot of time.

Since the update, every once in awhile when I hit P1, the unit switches to the Tuner mode?? Sound mutes and is in the tuner. This is very frustrating. I can't seem to get it to repeat itself, just happens every so often. Is there something I am missing or doing wrong?

Thanks for looking!

HELP!!!!!

Recently updated my AX8 to 7.01. I mainly use one bank of presets the I gig. Preset 1 is my main Fender tone that I go back to frequently. In every Preset, foot switch 5 is set to P1. I hit that to back to my main tone a lot of time.

Since the update, every once in awhile when I hit P1, the unit switches to the Tuner mode?? Sound mutes and is in the tuner. This is very frustrating. I can't seem to get it to repeat itself, just happens every so often. Is there something I am missing or doing wrong?

Thanks for looking!
You're probably leaning on the switch too long.

How would leaning on footswitch 5 ever take you to tuner mode unless something is wrong?

I would try to re-install the firmware and if it does not help, contact support.

Not sure why hanging on it would change to the tuner mode?

How do I do a reinstall? The updater says I have the current version?

Back
Top Bottom