AX8 V7.01 Released

Awesome! Mind sharing ur presets? Tia

Thanks man!
I'll see if I can translate the rhythm patch with stock cabs to match close enough.

Because i use IR from TesseracT, that is a commercial one. You can buy their presets pack from this link, if you are interested of those IRs. http://www.4dsounds.com/axefx

The pack includes two IRs and they are in my top ten list for sure. Their clean and bass presets are too CPU heavy for AX8, so just to warn you, if you deside to buy the pack... I bought the pack, when i still had my AFXII.

I'll let you know, when i get back to my AX8 and upload something. :)

With this 7.01 release...does anything have to be reset or amps re loaded and saved, etc. or do you just update and good to go?

With this 7.01 release...does anything have to be reset or amps re loaded and saved, etc. or do you just update and good to go?

I am guessing that if you already loaded 7.0, you don't need to do that except on the amps listed in the release notes. The notes do mention changes in volume for amps, so you may need to readjust all that.

Thanks man!
I'll see if I can translate the rhythm patch with stock cabs to match close enough.

Because i use IR from TesseracT, that is a commercial one. You can buy their presets pack from this link, if you are interested of those IRs. http://www.4dsounds.com/axefx

The pack includes two IRs and they are in my top ten list for sure. Their clean and bass presets are too CPU heavy for AX8, so just to warn you, if you deside to buy the pack... I bought the pack, when i still had my AFXII.

I'll let you know, when i get back to my AX8 and upload something. :)

Awesome!! Aporeciate it. N thk u for the infos as well.

I am guessing that if you already loaded 7.0, you don't need to do that except on the amps listed in the release notes. The notes do mention changes in volume for amps, so you may need to readjust all that.
I did not try 7.0...any definitive answer on this?

I'm back on the Capt Hook again. Seems to have a little more sizzle and less farting on the low end. Thank you

I updated, and I have started going through all my presets resetting the amp block and checking the cab block for surprises (F146 was my most used factory cab).

It takes FOREVER ...

... Mostly because every single preset sounds sooo damn good that I get caught up playing rather than just move on to the next preset.

OK - So I reverted all my performace presets to their 6.02 state. I was unaware that a soft reset of the amp block actually resets presence and master volume. So now, I will have to go through it all again - 40 presets, with x/y amps and x/y cab blocks :(:mad::( - I believe it's worth it, but damn it is boring and feels like a waste of time.

OK - So I reverted all my performace presets to their 6.02 state. I was unaware that a soft reset of the amp block actually resets presence and master volume. So now, I will have to go through it all again - 40 presets, with x/y amps and x/y cab blocks :(:mad::( - I believe it's worth it, but damn it is boring and feels like a waste of time.

I've made a habit of adding short indicators to titles of presets with amp blocks with non-default master volume, presence and other settings (such as Boost, Sat). This warns me that I when I reset those amps, I need to check those parameters.

But I always adjust presence/hi cut and input trim. I guess, I'll just have to screenshot the basic page for every amp before resetting it - or maybe only reset the ones that sound weird - if any

So if we had the beta installed - and went through and did the select/reselect of all amps in presets - is that required again on the final? And moving forward?
thanks

So if we had the beta installed - and went through and did the select/reselect of all amps in presets - is that required again on the final? And moving forward?
thanks

Usually not unless the algorithms and amp defaults were tweaked between a beta and final. In this case, the release notes don't mention needing to do it.

You don't need to do it for the final release, but you will probably have to do it again in the future, when another amp modelling update is released.

Back
Top Bottom