AX8 V7.01 Public Beta

How do you do a soft reset?

Select a different amp and then reselect the original amp. For example, if you are using the 5153 Blue you could select the 5153 Red and the reselect the 5153 Blue. Whenever you select an amp type it resets a bunch of parameters.

I like your comp video - It may be subtle, but it makes a big difference in how the notes jump out at you

Try OptoComp 1 with much slower settings. I think (forgot to save preset) I had 10 ms attack and 3-400 ms release. It gives a bit more of that LA2A sluggish but kind studio compressor feel. I went for ~6 dB gain reduction

I like your comp video - It may be subtle, but it makes a big difference in how the notes jump out at you

Try OptoComp 1 with much slower settings. I think (forgot to save preset) I had 10 ms attack and 3-400 ms release. It gives a bit more of that LA2A sluggish but kind studio compressor feel. I went for ~6 dB gain reduction
Will do, I like the sound of that.

What is the Shimmer Drive? I didn't see it in the drive box list. Do I need to pick it on the AX8 rather than through AX8-Edit?

Also, for the optical comp, are there additional parameters that are not displayed in AX8-Edit? I'm a newbie to these things. I thought it was weird that makeup gain was on yet there was a big volume drop and the threshold didn't seem to have much effect.

What is the Shimmer Drive? I didn't see it in the drive box list. Do I need to pick it on the AX8 rather than through AX8-Edit?

Also, for the optical comp, are there additional parameters that are not displayed in AX8-Edit? I'm a newbie to these things. I thought it was weird that makeup gain was on yet there was a big volume drop and the threshold didn't seem to have much effect.
When new features are added, AX8-Edit won't support them until a new version of it is released. Until then, use the front panel.

I tried a few experiments. looks like something to do with the compressors. The spikes line up with my picking attack. The older 5.01 firmware doesn't have these pop sounds(spikes in the waveform). I'm new to this unit. I really want to move forward with the firmware but with my lack of knowledge on the unit, I can not figure out how to get around this issue.

Maybe you are having the issue I had. It sounded like a mixture of samplel-rate distortion and ring modulation when hitting hard. The cpu also rised unreasonable high. It had something to do with user cab position 1. I replaced it and saved it again and the firmware did a scanning of some kind, then it was fine again. It sounds perfectly awesome now.

Maybe you are having the issue I had. It sounded like a mixture of samplel-rate distortion and ring modulation when hitting hard. The cpu also rised unreasonable high. It had something to do with user cab position 1. I replaced it and saved it again and the firmware did a scanning of some kind, then it was fine again. It sounds perfectly awesome now.
Thomas, I have this working fairly well now. I changed my compressor release time to a setting above 100, i think I put it at 180ms. I had to adjust amp eq and amp level after the upgrade but it seems better now. I didn't have a high cpu useage. i did deselect the amp, cab, drive and then reselect them back also. learning experience for me for sure. Thanks for the reply. The forum has some really great people :)

Back
Top Bottom