AX8 V7.00 Released

Found that some of my presets using user cabs are no longer working because the cab block was pointing to an empty slot :eek:

Looks like even in the official release there's still a problem with cab blocks

Carr Roamer also sounds excellent.

Yep - sounds great in this FW, closer now to the real Rambler I used to have.
Loved my Rambler, was my #1 Fender BF sound for years and took pedals like no other amp that I've tried before or since.

My current Roamer preset is actually a bit different than how I used to set my real Rambler, more balanced but also a bit more sterile and hard (due to settings and IR's), so I think now would be the time to make a preset that reflects how I used to set it up.
Perfect small club amp.

Reactions: yek
New user here - I've done the update and it mostly seems fine except I now randomly get a little outlined text block on some of my presets that sits "over" the Footswitch names on the "FS" page on the AX8 display after I load a preset. It appears after you see the preset name in big letters when the screen reverts to the footswitch view. I've seen one that says Scene 1 and another that says Comp/Dymc (cant recall if that last one is 100% correct - it's definately Comp/ D.....but it's random and I can't get it to display consistently.
It doesn't do it all the time but it's annoying when it does as it obscures the names of the pedal switches on-screen.

Any ideas or is this a bug?

I had this happen too after updating, turned the unit off and on again and it was gone. Didn´t see it happen again since then.

Found that some of my presets using user cabs are no longer working because the cab block was pointing to an empty slot :eek:

Looks like even in the official release there's still a problem with cab blocks

Have you tried reloading the cab that was there
I had to reload cabs on my user presets

I have installed FW7 yesterday. Haven't noticed a real difference on my Angle Severe preset. I had to re-adjust gain, presence and the mastervolume. What did you guys do to experience some improvement, especially with the Severe1 model?
I have reloaded the amp & cabs (but my user cabs did NOT disappear, as it seemed to happen to some users here)

I just had the feeling, that the AC15TB is now clipping earlier (which isn't really an "improvement" for me, btw) FW6.2 already sounded perfect, IMHO.

I have installed FW7 yesterday. Haven't noticed a real difference on my Angle Severe preset. I had to re-adjust gain, presence and the mastervolume. What did you guys do to experience some improvement, especially with the Severe1 model?
I have reloaded the amp & cabs (but my user cabs did NOT disappear, as it seemed to happen to some users here)

I just had the feeling, that the AC15TB is now clipping earlier (which isn't really an "improvement" for me, btw) FW6.2 already sounded perfect, IMHO.
Did you switch to another amp and then back so the Angle is reset? I liked my Angle 1 better before.

The first thing I noticed was a larger bass response across many of the amp blocks I was using. Adjusted all of my presets accordingly, but the audible difference was quite noticeable.

Yes, I did. The Severe was not mentioned as one of the amps, that would benefit from the update in the release notes, so it wasn't a real problem for me.

I really appreciate any specifics as to what worked to dial in your pre sets whether or not its an amp I use. I like most of you do not have time to tweak every pre set endlessly.

I started another thread that allows a place to list what has worked with the new FW and be a great resource for all to access!

Last edited:
I noticed the same with the AC20 EF86B. It's much dirtier at the same settings: whereas I was 2.35-2.5 on the Input Drive, it's at 1.00 now.

I really appreciate ant specifics as to what worked to dial in your pre sets whether or not its an amp I use. I like most of you do not have time to tweak every pre set endlessly.
This is what Kemper users are referring to when they complain about FAS firmware updates. I decided it was easier to note the various settings for the preset, then start over from scratch with the amp block and cab block.

That said, it really does sound amazing! Whatever changed in the power amp, it introduced a warmth that makes it easier to dial in some good grit without it getting brutally ice pick\y in the high end.

I've got the cab issue as well, which sucks because all of my custom patches are built off of user cabs. Very time consuming to fix all of them (almost a year's worth of patches). This cab issue was brought up by numerous users in the beta thread, kind of sad Fractal didn't fix it before the final release.

Besides the cab f**k up, most amps are noticeably quieter, and off sounding. Most of the sheep will call this "more realistic", I just find it worse sounding in all honesty. Upgrades for upgrades sake aren't always the way to go. This one is a miss unfortunately.
Upgrade to 7.01

I've got the cab issue as well, which sucks because all of my custom patches are built off of user cabs. Very time consuming to fix all of them (almost a year's worth of patches). This cab issue was brought up by numerous users in the beta thread, kind of sad Fractal didn't fix it before the final release.

Besides the cab f**k up, most amps are noticeably quieter, and off sounding. Most of the sheep will call this "more realistic", I just find it worse sounding in all honesty. Upgrades for upgrades sake aren't always the way to go. This one is a miss unfortunately.

You are in no way obligated to apply these free updates to your hardware. Please feel free to ignore them and allow the rest of us to enjoy the improvements (have you heard some of the recordings of Q7?).

You are in no way obligated to apply these free updates to your hardware. Please feel free to ignore them and allow the rest of us to enjoy the improvements (have you heard some of the recordings of Q7?).
The issues @philipacamaniac noted are VALID problems with REAL ramifications. Sure he's annoyed and maybe ranting a bit, but there's nothing good to be had by telling him to get lost just because you don't share his passion on the matter.

Back
Top Bottom