AX8 V7.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just remembered that on the "firmware-presets" page there is a "Factory Presets 6.02" zip archive. FAS graciously provided this to the community, but would not need to if there was a mechanism to update all the amps to their new default settings en masse. Using a little logic would have answered my own question. My bad.

Let me end by saying I appreciate all the work FAS does for us and I am VERY happy I made the choice to buy from this company.
Cheers

I just remembered that on the "firmware-presets" page there is a "Factory Presets 6.02" zip archive. FAS graciously provided this to the community, but would not need to if there was a mechanism to update all the amps to their new default settings en masse.
Not quite. When new presets are released, a lot of manual work goes into dialing them in to take advantage of the new modeling changes. This goes beyond a simple default reset of parameters.

Not quite. When new presets are released, a lot of manual work goes into dialing them in to take advantage of the new modeling changes. This goes beyond a simple default reset of parameters.

Thanks @Rex. That's interesting and just goes to show how differently people approach things. I just assumed that the default settings would be what @FractalAudio, or his designates, thought best exemplified the characteristics of the amp in question. I think you make a good point that the factory presets can be more complex.

Cheers

Thanks @Rex. That's interesting and just goes to show how differently people approach things. I just assumed that the default settings would be what @FractalAudio, or his designates, thought best exemplified the characteristics of the amp in question. I think you make a good point that the factory presets can be more complex.

Cheers
The factory defaults are all about accuracy. But with the new modeling, maybe it sounds better with a little more bass than last time, or a little less reverb, or... :)

Not sure if this the best place for this. Please move it where it's best served. Last night talking with Joe. I decided to install the Q7 beta. I never got past one amp. I had already been working all day so I was tired but this update sounded great. Thick, Just thick! Great. This is the 1987X jump about 2 minutes after plugging in. :0). Lots of late night can't concentrate been recording and playing bass all day. But fun time with Q7.

If you like how it sounds, it doesn't matter how you got there. The only thing you're giving up is the chance to find out whether you might like the newly-designed defaults even better.

What it means is I can quickly audition presets to get a sense of how the update has changed without having to go through the more lengthy process of loading unloading amps every single time.

I can look at defaults if I want to investigate more. I'm not particularly interested in accuracy for its own sake so would rather not waste my time on it if it can be avoided. Thanks again for clarifying how it works.

Not sure if this the best place for this. Please move it where it's best served. Last night talking with Joe. I decided to install the Q7 beta. I never got past one amp. I had already been working all day so I was tired but this update sounded great. Thick, Just thick! Great. This is the 1987X jump about 2 minutes after plugging in. :0). Lots of late night can't concentrate been recording and playing bass all day. But fun time with Q7.

Hey Man!!!! What is that! Awesome!!! I couldn't stop seeing this video!

I loaded up the new Brit #34 and Ownhammer Factory Cab and made a quick preset and video; the new OH cabs are the ducks nuts!

I also recorded some clips of my Q6 presets before updating and rerecorded them after the update; in order they are the 2C++, Recto 1 Red, Friedman BE, 1959, 198, Brit 800 and 1970 Plexi.

Finally, I dialled up the new factory cab #149 and shot out all the Recto models; these definitely put a smile on my face and certainly feel closer to my old Rev G Dual Rectifier to play.

I'm looking forward to playing around with a few more models and looking out for any bugs. Awesome work by the FAS team.

Really impressive!! Congrats!!!

So is the new firmware quieter? I updated and now my presets with amp block are much quieter than presets with no amp. Should i start tweaking or this will be fixed in final release?

By the way it sounds really good. I like the percussiveness of notes, havent noticed this before.

Sounds great Larry! It's funny, I used to love the '87, way back when I first got the AFX. But I haven't really touched it in the last couple of years... maybe time to revisit! :)

So is the new firmware quieter? I updated and now my presets with amp block are much quieter than presets with no amp. Should i start tweaking or this will be fixed in final release?

By the way it sounds really good. I like the percussiveness of notes, havent noticed this before.

Yes mine were all 6-10 db quieter.

Sounds great love that amp with single coils. What kind of pickups are they? Very quiet!

Sounds great love that amp with single coils. What kind of pickups are they? Very quiet!
Thank you. They are DiMarzio area 67's so they are stacked with a dummy coil. They are quiet not quite true single coils but not noisy either. :0) the back pick up though is a fast track it a humbucker squeezed into a single coiled body. :0)

This is SICK. Lovely playing and tones man.

I start noodling with one preset (pretty much any preset), and before I know it my coffee's cold. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom