AX8 V6.02 Released

Thanks for the Timothy. I really like that one set for just a little extra oomph with a clean-ish Fender amp and a Tele or Strat. The Tim was one of my favorite boost pedals, back before you guys made all my pedals obsolete!

Have a great Christmas!

Last edited:
The Timmy and the updated BB sound great. I had a Timmy that I really liked but sold after getting the AX8 and the model sounds very close to me. Still haven't had a chance to dig into speaker drive.

Fantastic! Never played a Timmy, and this model easily does exactly what I usually want from an OD pedal, and even without tweaking advanced parameters.

The speaker drive is very helpful. With the 6.02 beta, I was finding just a touch: .5 to .8 is a perfect finish to clean tones with some amps. Thank you !

Last edited:
Fantastic update. I'm loving it. Thanks, guys!

For what it's worth, Paul Cochrane once told me that he designed the Tim/Timmy to push his Marshall (JTM or SLP, I can't remember which) with his Strat. And it does, in my experience, work fabulously at this task. I haven't had as much success with it with Fender-ish amps that have a lot of clean headroom as it literally sounds like an EQ'able boost in that environment - which, it is. But if you stick it in front of a Marshall-type amp that's already going into break up, well, just enjoy the ride. It's a good one!

Fantastic update. I'm loving it. Thanks, guys!

For what it's worth, Paul Cochrane once told me that he designed the Tim/Timmy to push his Marshall (JTM or SLP, I can't remember which) with his Strat. And it does, in my experience, work fabulously at this task. I haven't had as much success with it with Fender-ish amps that have a lot of clean headroom as it literally sounds like an EQ'able boost in that environment - which, it is. But if you stick it in front of a Marshall-type amp that's already going into break up, well, just enjoy the ride. It's a good one!

Now, get to posting more videos with the AX8, Brett! :)

Wes

Great! Now I can add one more effect in my main setup!

Oh no.... What am I going to chose o_O

Thanks!

Jens

Back
Top Bottom