AX8 V6.01 Public Beta

I'm getting a lock up where I'm using the large screen display and I turn on the tuner.
If I press a preset button instead of tapping the tuner button to turn it off, I lose all sound and have to turn the unit off to get it back.
Do you have sound when you're using the tuner? :)

Try tapping that tuner button again, and see if you don't get your sound back.

Do you have sound when you're using the tuner? :)

Try tapping that tuner button again, and see if you don't get your sound back.
No sound when the tuner is on, as intended. However, when I tap a preset to get out of the tuner, the screen goes to the preset, but no sound comes from the preset.
It's a bug

Possible bug: I'm using "large display - always" (It is so great to have that as an option - I'm loving it!), and tweak a preset on the unit (just some levels finetuning), I can't store the preset, unless I press "Exit" to go to the "stomp box screen". Is this intended or is it a bug?

On another note, I just had a 4 hour rehearsal with the band this afternoon, using Beta Q6 - holy c***, this is the best firmware you've ever did - it sounded clear, punchy, and simply amazing. Best sound I've ever had with any amp. My hats off to you. You really did a homerun this time.

I'm a newcomer to Axe fx so I rolled back to Q5 for a bit to get some experience with the way the AX8 sounds. I've now (re)updated to Q6.01 and is it my imagination or is it much smoother sounding when using cab IRs direct to studio speakers? It seems like a big improvement to me. Through a guitar cab I don't notice the overly-perfect digital buzzy quality the direct sound does, but now it seems they're an even closer match. Fantastic work, and big thanks to the devs! Can't wait for the full release.

Got a possible bug:

External controllers are losing their connection to parameters. I have an Expression pedal driving 3 parameters, 2 in the Amp block, one in a Filter. Not sure what causes it but two of the connections break. Opening up the modifier settings confirms this because the dials no longer do anything, even though the graph is updating when you rock the pedal. Setting them to None and then back to Extern 2 reconnects things.

Last edited:
I'm a newcomer to Axe fx so I rolled back to Q5 for a bit to get some experience with the way the AX8 sounds. I've now (re)updated to Q6.01 and is it my imagination or is it much smoother sounding when using cab IRs direct to studio speakers? It seems like a big improvement to me. Through a guitar cab I don't notice the overly-perfect digital buzzy quality the direct sound does, but now it seems they're an even closer match. Fantastic work, and big thanks to the devs! Can't wait for the full release.
It's not you. CLiff is rightfully proud of this FW, and your ears prove it

Possible bug: I'm using "large display - always" (It is so great to have that as an option - I'm loving it!), and tweak a preset on the unit (just some levels finetuning), I can't store the preset, unless I press "Exit" to go to the "stomp box screen". Is this intended or is it a bug?

Working as designed.

EDIT: When making changes to your preset, exit the large display first.

Regarding: OUT 2 (FX SEND) BOOST/PAD
I'm not seeing (display) or hearing a difference between 0 and 12. No biggie (default is A-Ok). Something to check.

Last edited:
Regarding: OUT 2 (FX SEND) BOOST/PAD
I'm not seeing (display) or hearing a difference between 0 and 12. No biggie (default is A-Ok). Something to check.
That is how the Boost/Pad on Output 2 works. There is a different scaling factor to adjust for the PAD value. Adjusting the pad will effect the headroom of the signal.

To see how this works, set the Boost/Pad to 12dB. Now turn up the output until it clips. Now change the Boost/Pad to 0dB. If you haven't turned the output up too far, the clipping should stop.

That is how the Boost/Pad on Output 2 works. There is a different scaling factor to adjust for the PAD value. Adjusting the pad will effect the headroom of the signal.

To see how this works, set the Boost/Pad to 12dB. Now turn up the output until it clips. Now change the Boost/Pad to 0dB. If you haven't turned the output up too far, the clipping should stop.

Ah, I get it. That's a slick implementation. Thanks for the correction to operator error. :rolleyes:

Working as designed.

EDIT: When making changes to your preset, exit the large display first.

Thanks for the reply - may I ask why it is designed like this? I mean, I'm sure a lot of people will tweak a preset, using only the gain, treble, level, etc. knobs, and then want to save - why is the extra step needed?

Thanks for the reply - may I ask why it is designed like this? I mean, I'm sure a lot of people will tweak a preset, using only the gain, treble, level, etc. knobs, and then want to save - why is the extra step needed?
ALWAYS on is a performance mode feature. If you want to modify and save the preset, you leave the performance mode momentarily. Then you make your changes, safe, and return to performance mode.

Back
Top Bottom