AX8 V6.00 Public Beta

We have investigated this on several occasions. The only issue we encountered was the Chrome issue. We will continue to look into this, however if we can not reproduce the issue we can not fix it.

I fixed this problem on Windows and Linux/Wine by simply making sure the AX8 is NOT plugged into the computer until its boot sequence has finished. Then I plug into the computer and can start AX8-Edit or FractalBot 100% of the time with no query timeout.

We had a lock up at a gig this afternoon. We had sound for a few songs and then the sound randomly stopped. Turned the unit off and then back on and it was all fixed

I dialed in a fat clean Princeton Reverb tone for scenes 1-4 and a Slightly dirty Vibroverb (can't remember which model) for scenes 5-8 yesterday. That's a new combo for me. Fantastic tones at the gig tonight. Really could tell that there is something new and special in the feel and response of the amps with the new update. Thanks FAS! Really loved what I was hearing!

Our gig with beta 6.0 went off without a hitch. Found it was cutting better which allowed us to drop the output volume a bit and the wah sounded excellent.

Q6 so far is the best firmware: a significant improvement in feel, while tonewise it is closer to real amp than ever.

Q6 sounds great! No issues as of yet. Amazing job FAS team! Stoked to have purchased a product that's constantly evolving and improving !

Done.
Wah sounds great.
Amps sound cleaner. Some of them seem more "usable" for me now , and will likely cut thru the mix better.
Thank you FAS.

The revamped preamp tube selection is really something. I really notice it with bass amps. For example: Swapping in the JJ 12AX7 in the FAS Bass amp model has a more open quality that is a perfect fit with flatwounds on a fretless Steinberger. The EF86 has a different kind of punch and growl when overdriven. On guitar amps I haven't dived in that deep as of yet, and while the default Sylvania 12AX7 is clearly the best choice in most cases, the option of the others is really helpful for dialing in the response for heavy flatwounds on a jazz guitar for example.

I've read some posts where some users want more models of bass amps. It may take some work; but with judicious tube choice, cab selection, and rooting around in the advanced parameters, I've been able to obtain any bass amp sound I'm after with the current amps on offer.

I've been playing it since it dropped, between the changes in Q5 and this beta the amps sound amazing. I'm scared to go down this road for the second time, but I may sell my real amps now.

I was an Ultra user for many years, and I only used it as an effects processor into 2 British made Vox AC30 TBX's. Sound was amazing....but not nearly as amazing as my tones are now using the AX8 with amp modeling!! I can not believe I am about to say this, but I decided to part out my amps... Blue Alnico speakers (4 of them), and the chassis', and sell it all on in the next few days. I am going to keep my empty AC30 cabinets as cable / cord / bag of tricks / storage and just wheel them on stage with a dummy XLR and mic in front of them for the optics alone. I've been running straight to PA now for the last few gigs, and my sound has never been better....

Back
Top Bottom