AX8 V6.00 Public Beta

We have investigated this on several occasions. The only issue we encountered was the Chrome issue. We will continue to look into this, however if we can not reproduce the issue we can not fix it.

I've had this issue using a Macbook as well, but I had to learn the secret order to hooking up and turning the AX8 on. It seems that if you hook up the USB from the Mac to the AX8, then turn the AX8 on, then open Axe Edit/Fractal Bot .... all works normal for me. BUT if I vear from that order of doing things..... I get a connection timeout every time. I don't know why it does this, but since I learned the order and follow it.... I don't have a problem.

I have an beta anomaly/maybe bug that I must report. After setting up Wah in the usual fashion, using External 1 with my EV 1 pedal, it's worked properly for a minute or so, then gets stuck in the upper part of the throw for an indeterminate amount of time, then resets properly on its own. This occurs both on existing presets and just - made from scratch ones as well. anyone else experience this?
Sounds like it might be a cable issue.

Sounds like it might be a cable issue.
I thought so as well, but now I have determined, using 2 different cables and 2 EV=1 in both EXT 1 and EXT 2, the same anomaly occurs, and comes and goes....I am leaving town now for a week and will be unable to do any more testing on AX8. Perhaps by then it will pop up elsewhere for someone else....or not....

We have investigated this on several occasions. The only issue we encountered was the Chrome issue. We will continue to look into this, however if we can not reproduce the issue we can not fix it.
I understand, it's just getting frustrating. I can almost always get around it by turning the AX8 off and back on but sometimes it takes several tries. It isn't Chrome and I've tried several USB cables.

I've had this issue using a Macbook as well, but I had to learn the secret order to hooking up and turning the AX8 on. It seems that if you hook up the USB from the Mac to the AX8, then turn the AX8 on, then open Axe Edit/Fractal Bot .... all works normal for me. BUT if I vear from that order of doing things..... I get a connection timeout every time. I don't know why it does this, but since I learned the order and follow it.... I don't have a problem.
Thanks, I'll try this.

I understand, it's just getting frustrating. I can almost always get around it by turning the AX8 off and back on but sometimes it takes several tries. It isn't Chrome and I've tried several USB cables.

Same.
I don't have Chrome installed. It happens intermittently, but some days I just have to give up on using ax8 edit after like, 5 or 6 reboots not working.

Whoaaa! Didn't expect to get it ao fast though i was hoping to get it fur der weekend! Awesome job guys can't wait to get home and try it! FAStastic!

I thought so as well, but now I have determined, using 2 different cables and 2 EV=1 in both EXT 1 and EXT 2, the same anomaly occurs, and comes and goes....I am leaving town now for a week and will be unable to do any more testing on AX8. Perhaps by then it will pop up elsewhere for someone else....or not....
I can not reproduce this. If you are still around, and can post a preset, I will continue to look into it.

Ugh. I usually don't worry about when we get out update after big brother since my Ax is rarely with me. Yesterday I had it at home and keep checking thinking wonder if the update can come out today. Well I misses this post went to rehearsal and once again don't have my Ax with me until Sunday lol

Are you kidding me, already?!? Great work Joe!!! Looking forward to update before i record a demo for a distortion pedal tonight :)

Back
Top Bottom