AX8 V5.01 Released

J

joe rogers

The AX8 V5.01 is now release and available for download. V5.01 provides support for the flagship Axe-Fx Quantum 5.0. Release includes new amps, improved AMP modeling, and improved DRIVE block modeling. You do not want to miss this one. As with all new firmware upgrades, we strongly encourage you to backup your AX8 using Fractal-Bot and reading the release notes before you begin the installation.

AX8 V5.01

Release Notes:

AX8 V5.01 is a major enhancement release incorporating the Axe-Fx Quantum V5.01 changes.

Additions:
· Improved preamp tube modeling for tubes driving cathode followers. In models that use cathode followers this results in warmer distortion with smoother decay. The shape of the cathode follower distortion can be adjusted with the new “CF Hardness” parameter found on the Advanced tab in the Amp block.

· Added “Legato 100” amp model based on a certain famous Carvin Legacy 100.

· Added “Capt Hook” amp models based on a Hook Captain Classic 34. This amp uses a mu follower which yields a complex distortion with smooth decay. There are six models:

1. Capt Hook 1A: Channel 1 w/ EQ and Boost switches off.
2. Capt Hook 1B: Channel 1 w/ EQ and Boost switches on.
3. Capt Hook 2A: Channel 2 with Edge switch off.
4. Capt Hook 2B: Channel 2 with Edge switch on.
5. Capt Hook 3A: Channel 3 with Edge switch off.
6. Capt Hook 3B: Channel 3 with Edge switch on.​

· Improved diode clipping algorithms in Drive block. As a result the following Drive models have been rematched:

o Rat Dist
o Super OD
o T808 OD
o T808 MOD
o Plus Dist
o Esoteric ACB
o Esoteric RCB
o Zen Master
o Ruckus​

· Optimized the DRIVE block to improve run-time performance 1% - 2% (your mileage may vary).

· Fixed tone stack error in Recto 2 amp models.

· Changed Presence knob taper in Recto1 Norm and Recto2 Vntg models to match actual amps.

· Changed behavior of Amp block’s Preamp Comp when set to “Ideal” so that compression amount is roughly the same as when set to “Authentic”. If you are using the Ideal setting on a preset you may need to increase the Preamp Comp parameter value.

Fixes:
· Clear INPUT 2 LED’s on startup when no actual input signal is present.

Does this have the new sag changes that the AxefxII recently got? Also, did the Brit silver fix need attention on the Ax8 Like the AxefxII? Thanks, just trying to keep up with my AxfxII and My Ax8.

Last edited:
Does this have the new sag changes that the AxefxII recently got? Also, did the Brit silver fix need attention on the Ax8 Like the AxefxII? Thanks, just trying to keep up with my AxfxII and My Ax8.

It doesn't seem to have the last 5.03 changes, does it?

Back
Top Bottom