AX8 V4.00 Release

All operation of AX8-Edit is now separate from the operation of the front panel. NOTE: any changes made on the front panel of the AX8 while AX8-Edit is attached will still cause a refresh of the editor. This change dramatically reduces audio dropouts due to editor interaction.
What does that mean?

Hooray! Whoop! Yeehaw! Thanks!

I won't get to try it out til Sunday night.. but I'll check in here to see how it goes for everyone else.

Awesome, i'm just curious, i read that on the AXE FX you can choose the version of the firmware you want but i don't see that option on AX8-Edit, is that only available on the AXE FX?

lol!! I *knew* this would happen... I waited & waited for 4.0... gave up last night and upgraded to the latest (as of last night)... and today 4.0 gets released.

Awesome, i'm just curious, i read that on the AXE FX you can choose the version of the firmware you want but i don't see that option on AX8-Edit, is that only available on the AXE FX?

Nice Article Chris!!

I was hoping to read more of your appreciation of Q4 thought.
Thanks. I'm not the best when it comes to tone discussions, and I didn't really have left-over time to play-play. I'm putting a rig together today, so maybe I can give a good listen! The feel was definitely noticeable and felt great!

I've seen a couple of comments about the effects algorithms being optimized, but nothing in the release notes. Is this true and if so how much of a difference does it make?

I've seen a couple of comments about the effects algorithms being optimized, but nothing in the release notes. Is this true and if so how much of a difference does it make?
In my calculations, depending on the combination of blocks of course, the CPU could be reduced up to 2% or so; many times that's enough to get that block back in. I'd say the average Preset gets about 1% back, which is still substantial since Joe has this thing so streamlined as it is! The work and results the developers get out of this thing is really outstanding.

In my calculations, depending on the combination of blocks of course, the CPU could be reduced up to 2% or so; many times that's enough to get that block back in. I'd say the average Preset gets about 1% back, which is still substantial since Joe has this thing so streamlined as it is! The work and results the developers get out of this thing is really outstanding.

This sounds even better than what was done to the amp block, have some signal paths that will benefit from this optimization to get one or to more blocks in.

Back
Top Bottom