AX8 V4.00 Release

Low end was a little much at first after updating but there is more bloom and depth now, it's worth the effort to get the sounds back. Thanks for the update!

Any one having trouble with this update when you have a scene controller attached to the boost on the 1959plexi treble, that it makes a dreadfull clipping noise? if I take the modifier of the noise goes away with the boost on or off.

OMG!!!!!!!!

I just tried Q4 and all I can say is FULL DYNAMICS are unleashed. The two amps I know better, JTM45 jumped and Friedman DS completely changed the way I dig soft and hard on the strings!!!

My mind is blown.

Thank you so much Fractal team!!!!

Just loaded the unit with Q4. Although the new version has its advantages and much more dynamics, I noticed that all my presets will need deep adjustments. The sweet spots has gone! :( A new quest for then are necessary.
Anyone has a "magic formula" to know which EQ settings are necessary to be readjusted?
I wish the AX8 version of Q4 had the option to keep the previous firmware. At a first shot, I would only use Q4 for NEW presets.
Does anyone is experimenting the same?

Just loaded the unit with Q4. Although the new version has its advantages and much more dynamics, I noticed that all my presets will need deep adjustments. The sweet spots has gone! :( A new quest for then are necessary.
Anyone has a "magic formula" to know which EQ settings are necessary to be readjusted?
I wish the AX8 version of Q4 had the option to keep the previous firmware. At a first shot, I would only use Q4 for NEW presets.

No

Check the Axe-Fx II thread for any tips, but I don't think anyone had drastic changes to their tones.

Just to make it clear, I liked a lot the dynamics of Q4, but maybe because of my gear I will have more workload to fix it. Of course the final result must be better than the current one (which was already awesome).

In my calculations, depending on the combination of blocks of course, the CPU could be reduced up to 2% or so; many times that's enough to get that block back in. I'd say the average Preset gets about 1% back, which is still substantial since Joe has this thing so streamlined as it is! The work and results the developers get out of this thing is really outstanding.
I've only checked on one preset (AC-20 based) that constantly hovered around 88% and often went over 90% and kicked reverb off in some scenes, but it dropped from 88% to 82% with the trouble scenes maxing around 88%. At least on this preset I'm getting around a 6% reduction in DSP usage. Awesome!

I've only checked on one preset (AC-20 based) that constantly hovered around 88% and often went over 90% and kicked reverb off in some scenes, but it dropped from 88% to 82% with the trouble scenes maxing around 88%. At least on this preset I'm getting around a 6% reduction in DSP usage. Awesome!
nice. there are way too many combinations of settings to predict them all. glad to hear it can be that much!

Also the one preset I tried does seem to sound a feel even better (got stuck on it :)). Not a huge change maybe, but another refinement that makes the unit even more enjoyable to play. Thanks FAS!

Back
Top Bottom