AX8 V3.50 Released

been playing with the up date for an hour or so and Added a pitch block in between the amp block and cab, the edit and the AX-8 went crazy and kept going in to pause, so I tried to take the pitch block out and it would keep pausing, so tried switching presets to get away from the one I was editing and all the presets were freaking out. so unplugged the computer and the usb. rebooted the AX-8 and it powered up on the first preset, and all the in and out lights remain lite. the ax-8 will play and will switch presets but the layout screen is full of moving shunts. rebooted again and again same problem. unplugged for a few minutes, rebooted now the in and out lights seem ok but screen and switches are crazy.

Novice reply of what I would try:
Assuming you updated AX-8 FW and AX8 Edit software....
Have AX8 Edit check definitions again.
Knowing I have a backup from before the update, I would do a restore of the factory presets to see if that fixes the problem. (I only post this because it fixed some strange problems I had in the past.)

Ok well reloaded firm ware and is back mostly normal. seem to have lost custom scale and foot switch settings for the f1, f2, f3 switches. the 1-8 switches seem to be like they were. Presets seem to be ok( I don't dare try the one that I was playing with) Pretty scary! not sure if I rushed something, or just a glitch!

Well, for the first time since April 2009 I do NOT have an AxeFX, the wonderful box I mean.....Just plugged in my new AX8 and figured I might as well update FW to 3.50 and start from there. Had an Ax8 for about a week in the beginning but kept the XL+ instead.Now I really look forward to this new, yet familiar fractal journey...................J

Well, I have read about this but never experienced it before. Communication time-out: Axe8-Edit was unable to complete the following communication request: Query device version : query_sys_info.

Can't get AX8-Edit to work at all. Version 1.3.1, Firmware 3.50

Any ideas?

Ok well reloaded firm ware and is back mostly normal. seem to have lost custom scale and foot switch settings for the f1, f2, f3 switches. the 1-8 switches seem to be like they were. Presets seem to be ok( I don't dare try the one that I was playing with) Pretty scary! not sure if I rushed something, or just a glitch!
The new editor pauses automatically if you make changes on the unit fr9m the front panel while attached via USB.

Well, I have read about this but never experienced it before. Communication time-out: Axe8-Edit was unable to complete the following communication request: Query device version : query_sys_info.

Can't get AX8-Edit to work at all. Version 1.3.1, Firmware 3.50

Any ideas?
restart your computer and ax8

The new editor pauses automatically if you make changes on the unit fr9m the front panel while attached via USB.
There was no touching of the unit. I would unpause the edit and it would repause itself. I have started a support ticket. seems something is not well!

I decided to roll back to 3.04, but now FractalBot is giving me a time out error too.

FractalBot says timeout error attempting to query firmware version after I select AX8 from the drop down.

I have verified that both FractalBot and Axe-Edit work fine with my AxFX II. But I cannot get AX8-Edit to work, nor the bot if it tries to talk to AX8.

Seriously blowing mind here, I can't even roll back to last firmware and last AX8-Edit!

Last edited:
Do the controller switch additions and the momentary switch options mean I can create a set-up where I assign a delay block to a footswitch and then press and hold to ramp the feedback control or same thing with a reverb and the decay holds until you let off?

Well, I rolled back to 3.04 using a midi utility, and with AX8-Edit 1.3.0 everything works 100%, including FractalBot.

Back
Top Bottom