AX8 V3.04 Released

For me is harder but doable:

1) Play with the editor open;
2) Pause communication;
3) Reboot AX8;
4) Try to resume communication.

The weird thing is that, it doesn't fix by force quit the editor, reinstall it, open again, etc

You need to be with the editor open and restart the AX8 himself.
In this case, the AX8 no longer knows the editor is attached because you shut it off. In the words of my doctor, " don't do that."

I can reproduce it fairly consistently. I'm on AX8 3.04, AX8 Edit 1.3.0, with a 2016 12" Retina MacBook on 10.11.5.

Open AX8 Edit, connect to AX8, pause communication, play for a bit, click to resume editing in AX8 Edit and I get the communication timeout pretty much every time. Closing and reopening Edit does not fix it, I have to reboot the AX8.

Same here. Rebooting the AX8 clears it up.

27-inch iMac, Mid 2010
OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.4

In this case, the AX8 no longer knows the editor is attached because you shut it off. In the words of my doctor, " don't do that."

Lol, true! :)
I was just trying to replicate the issue.

But for me the weird part is that when it gets stuck there is nothing you can do.

I tried to remove the USB cable, restart the editor, etc

Anyway, just trying to debug for you guys :)

Fixed! This doesn't make sense to me as anything labeled "Mute FX" seems like the opposite of what I was wanting. Thanks for the help!
It's "Mute FX In." It mutes the input to the effect, not the output. It just stops sending signal to the effect; the effect continues to run.

It's "Mute FX In." It mutes the input to the effect, not the output. It just stops sending signal to the effect; the effect continues to run.
Right. I'm not sure how Thru isn't the same thing... It works for Delay.

Lol, true! :)
I was just trying to replicate the issue.

But for me the weird part is that when it gets stuck there is nothing you can do.

I tried to remove the USB cable, restart the editor, etc

Anyway, just trying to debug for you guys :)

This time when AX8-Edit couldn't communicate - I quit it and tried Fractal-Bot ..... which didn't connect either.
Power-off/on Ax8 and it works again also

Attachments

• FractalBot.jpg
    FractalBot.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 14
I get the communication error when I ask Fractal-bot to update the AX8's software to 3.04. I'm using an iMac with El Capitan.
Frustrating.
David

OK. I actually (re)read the manual. I opened it and got to firmware uploader utility. I can't get Fractal bot to reload the backup I did about a month ago. Help?
Thanks,
David

I downloaded 3.04 to my Mac. I got the Fractal bot to get in the browse menu. However, when I push send, I get a message timeout. AiiiiYaiiiYaiii.
David

I downloaded 3.04 to my Mac. I got the Fractal bot to get in the browse menu. However, when I push send, I get a message timeout. AiiiiYaiiiYaiii.
David
try restarting your computer and the AX8. make sure you're using a 6 foot or less usb cable. i'm on mac and have not had this issue, and i flash firmware all the time.

I'm having the same issue.

AX8-edit was running great with FW 3.03 but when I installed 3.04 as suggested I am now getting this message. I'm running a MacBook Pro OS X 10.9 Macericks. Can anyone steer me in the right direction to fix this?

Anyone know the resolution?

Back
Top Bottom