AX8 V3.03 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joe rogers

Now available for official release: AX8 V3.03. As always, we recommend that you backup your AX8 before installing new firmware. Here's the link:

http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/ax8/3.0/ax8-3p03.zip

And here are the release notes:

AX8 V3.03 has been created to fix a few issues discovered during the release of V3.02. As always, we recommend that you back up your system and presets using Fractal-Botbefore proceeding with installation.

Fixes
· A small number of units have experienced sporadic boot failures at power up. This release fixes an initialization bug that was found to cause this issue.

· A bug fix in V3.02 intended to fix a crash bug related to incoming MIDI data over the standard MIDI port, was found to be corrupting data. This bug fix corrects the original crash bug, without the unintended data corruption.

· The Volume/Pan block was muting the outputs when panning 100% to the R. This has been corrected.

· In some cases, the AX8-Edit parameter buffer was not being populated correctly. This led to some rare cases of overwriting presets with incorrect data. This too has been remedied.

still buggy after 3.03 official, would this be the ax8 or the editor?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 8.07.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 8.07.39 PM.png
    153.3 KB · Views: 72
still buggy after 3.03 official, would this be the ax8 or the editor?

I keep posting about this and haven't gotten a response (am I turning into one of those entitled FASforum members???...I'll try not to!),
but here's what I figured out on my own:

The presets that you made and used with 3.02 are trash. They are permanently corrupted and must be re-made from scratch, by copying a preset you never have touched into that slot then clearing it (I did that to be safe, don't know if it's necessary). Then if you're on 3.03 and the newest AX8edit, then any patch you create from now on should be fine, and try to move on from those ones you lost.

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm 100% off the mark on this, but that's how I've been dealing with the situation without an official response, so I'm going with it. I hope you have better luck and figure out a save!

Looking forward to loading this latest version. Once again I'll say, the rapid release of iterative versions is really appreciated. Not used to this level of focus and support. A tribute to the collaborative approach Fractal takes with its users. Strength in numbers!

Hi again,

Still hoping to verify if any code changes exist between the V3.03 public beta and official release. (Have been holding off on upgrading again pending the answer.)

Thanks a lot,

Alan

The presets that you made and used with 3.02 are trash. They are permanently corrupted and must be re-made from scratch, by copying a preset you never have touched into that slot then clearing it (I did that to be safe, don't know if it's necessary).

Not true. I am not sure what you are experiencing, as we can not reproduce preset or display issues here. If you have steps you have taken to reproduce this interaction between AX8-Edit and the AX8, then we can reproduce the issue here. If we can see it, we can fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom