AX8 V2.02 Release Available Now!

False alarm - after a computer reboot it is working as expected. A little strange...

AX8-Edit 1.1.0 visual bug (not sure if this is the right section).

Add a modifier to any control
Set source to Extern 1 (and have a pedal connected)
The position on the right side of the Edit Modifier window does not change when the pedal is moved.
It shows correctly on the knob when the Edit Modifier window is closed.
This happens with any Source (LFO, etc)

John

Last edited:
Commenting so these aren't reported as bugs:

The AX8 officially does not support "Speaker Size."
The AX8 officially does not support "Tap to Learn" in the MultiDelay.

Hey guys, I updated my AX8 today and some of my amps sound better (be100, Marshall patches) but all my Mesa C+, USA lead+ etc.... Patches are not all muddy. No amount of bass control is working. Any ideas?

I meant they are now all muddy.
i would suggest resetting the amp block and dialing in your tone again. use your ears, not your eyes, and don't simply put the same parameter values as before. the underlying modeling has changed a bit, so some of the values mean different things now.

To reset all parameters of an AX8 block to their default values, while in the Edit view, click SHIFT, then press EDIT twice.

It's a re-release of a MKIIC+. There's already models in there.
There are so many different 2c+'s! The JP2C is designed from JP's favorite one. They even reverse engineered the transformer to get specs for current version. It would be worth doing it! It also has a "Shred" mode for 7 string or lower tuned guitars. It's like a modern Special Edition of the 2c+. IT NEEDS TO BE IN THERE! Lol!

There are so many different 2c+'s! The JP2C is designed from JP's favorite one. They even reverse engineered the transformer to get specs for current version. It would be worth doing it! It also has a "Shred" mode for 7 string or lower tuned guitars. It's like a modern Special Edition of the 2c+. IT NEEDS TO BE IN THERE! Lol!

Marketing is awesome to behold...

There is now a 'bright' knob for every amp in Ax8edit basic amp panel. What is the meaning of that? It sounds like a post-amp high shelf EQ band, but why is it there, and what does it really do?

I thought I read it somewhere, but I cannot find it.

There is now a 'bright' knob for every amp in Ax8edit basic amp panel. What is the meaning of that? It sounds like a post-amp high shelf EQ band, but why is it there, and what does it really do?

I thought I read it somewhere, but I cannot find it.
it was introduced on the Axe in FW 13.06, back in Feb 2014.

• Added “Bright” control to Amp block. This high treble control is a shelving filter between the preamp and power amp and may be used to darken or brighten the output of the preamp. This control also accurately replicates the “Presence” control found in the Mesa Triaxis preamp when set to negative values (the Presence control in the Triaxis is actually a high frequency cut shelving filter). Note: this is not to be confused with the “Bright Switch” which engages/disengages a capacitor across the drive pot.

AX8 V2.02 sounds great to me! Thanks again FAS.

For those using out2 in "copy out1" mode, resetting the system params changed my out2 back to "none" so it took a few minutes to figure out why I had no monitor.

Back
Top Bottom