AX8 V2.02 Release Available Now!

The Release Notes say to "Reset System Parameters." This is the specific function in the Utility menu. Note that this resets your Global, I/O and Tuner menus, so be sure to go back and set them up again.

There's no way to backup the global, I/O and tuner settings and then restore them? If not, is there a good way to maybe print out the settings so I have a reference to use when resetting manually?

Anything for me in this release? :) My AX8 sounds already great and has enough amp models. Just need it to switch presets/scenes/XY faster. Anyone tested if there are some improvements here?

False alarm - fixed by a reboot.

AX8-Edit 1.1.0 visual bug (not sure if this is the right section).

Add a modifier to any control
Set source to Extern 1 (and have a pedal connected)
The position on the right side of the Edit Modifier window does not change when the pedal is moved.
It shows correctly on the knob when the Edit Modifier window is closed.
This happens with any Source (LFO, etc)

John

Last edited:
Possible AX8-Edit 1.1.0 bug with loading saved blocks from other open editors.

I am doing some block transfers from my Axe-FXII XL.

I have AxeEdit open for my Axe-FXII XL. I save a block.
I go to AX8-Edit and try to load that block. It is not there.
If I close AX8-Edit and reopen it the new blocks are there.

Looks like the list is only populated on start up. Is this by design?

John

AX8-Edit 1.1.0 visual bug (not sure if this is the right section).

Add a modifier to any control
Set source to Extern 1 (and have a pedal connected)
The position on the right side of the Edit Modifier window does not change when the pedal is moved.
It shows correctly on the knob when the Edit Modifier window is closed.
This happens with any Source (LFO, etc)
It's working fine here. Tried several different modifiers. All of them display correctly in the window.

Possible AX8-Edit 1.1.0 bug with loading saved blocks from other open editors.

I am doing some block transfers from my Axe-FXII XL.

I have AxeEdit open for my Axe-FXII XL. I save a block.
I go to AX8-Edit and try to load that block. It is not there.
If I close AX8-Edit and reopen it the new blocks are there.

Looks like the list is only populated on start up. Is this by design?

John
I'm pretty sure it only scans the block library on start up. Just a quick quit and reopen.

Ohhhh my - Why oh Why did I go to bed last night.

I really look forward to my first FAS firmware update experience:)

I will have no time to mess with this until late tonight, but thanks in advance, it is nice to be on the cutting edge.

It also looks like you managed to fix quite a few small bugs and include some items from the wish list. This is great. Thanks to the entire team (including beta testers)

Wowza,.. Sounds great. I'm so stoked to own fractal products. Now my II/MFC is my mega rig or big brother backup. The AX8 is just a killer killer addition to the lineup. Can't wait to use it live as the II has been phenomenal for me. Quantum is just awesome. Thanks again for the frequent updates FAS! It's been said a thousand times before, and I'll say it again, Fractal stuff has been the best gear purchases I ever made..., no doubt!

Checked my email this morning it says everything that everyone wants to read out for delivery! so today I will be getting my first fractal product a new AX8 installing the new firmware update and playing all weekend long I even took Monday off of work it's looking a lot like Christmas!! I am beyond stoked!

As a first time Fractal updater, I am actually a bit surprised by how long it takes to backup the unit - the worst part is, I cannot play my Ax8 while it backs up :D

It got so bad that I actually turned on my Yamaha THR10 - the superlead model in that thing is actually not too bad - But it's no Ax8

History was made ..for the first time ever the axe fx2 did not get the latest software update, and instead little brother takes front and center... And I'm outa town stuck at the in-laws. Life is a cruel bitch sometimes!

Back
Top Bottom