AX8 V2.02 Release Available Now!

Still waiting for mine - but very excited. I guess I'll be updating after the first loooooong play session after I get it 8)

Hello da´ling..... daddy has some deliiiicious food for you! ... Yes-yes-yes-yes... FW 2.02 yamyam...

Thank you guys! Can´t wait to try it, but it´s 2 o clock in the morning and my neighbours will kill me.

i just finished my stream on Beam.
https://beam.pro/axefxtutorials

streamed for almost 4 hours! a lot of people from the forum dropped by, thanks! many from Facebook as well. we discussed a lot of general things about the AX8 and talked about 2.02 of course as well.

be sure to follow my channel on Beam to get notified when i stream again. it's a great chance to ask questions to me and the other people in chat.

Many thanks to Joe, Cliff, M@ and anyone else responsible for this bonanza. And M@, I love the artwork above!

@chris: Any way to view your session after the fact?

Wow. Longtime Axe Fx user, very short time AX8 user, today being my second day spending any time with it. Updated to 2.02 today and just cannot stop playing and tweaking.
Just getting a feel for the thing and already, I love how easy it is to tweak a preset with the A-E controls. Kind of off topic for the firmware, but the combination of the firmware and
easily access controls have me tweaking presets to my liking in no time. This firmware is so much chewy, tubey feeling goodness. I can hardly believe how good the AX8 sounds and how quick it is to get awesome tones.

Thanks for knocking it completely out of the park again on the FW and the AX8.

The Readme says to reset the AX8 after the update. Is that anything more than turning off the AX8, waiting 5 seconds and restarting the AX8?

And what about refreshing a preset after a FW update in Axe8-Edit?

Thanks

The Readme says to reset the AX8 after the update. Is that anything more than turning off the AX8, waiting 5 seconds and restarting the AX8?

And what about refreshing a preset after a FW update in Axe8-Edit?

Thanks
The Release Notes say to "Reset System Parameters." This is the specific function in the Utility menu. Note that this resets your Global, I/O and Tuner menus, so be sure to go back and set them up again.

The "Refresh After FW Update" function in the Settings menu in AX8-Edit is not a per-preset function. It refreshes the Block Definitions that are new in the Hardware, so that it syncs with the software. It should do this automatically when opening AX8-Edit for the first time with a new FW version on the Hardware. If it doesn't, you can do it manually. If it did it, you probably don't need to do anything.

Back
Top Bottom